Blind Guardian listening session in NYC

Well, just got back. That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I might as well have had the BG guys in my basement...it's much cooler down there, about four times as wide, and about the same length.

Anyway, met the band, got albums signed, the usual. Very disorganized, I was a little surprised.

Nonetheless, it's a night I'll never forget...and I'm not talking about meeting the band! As DT Jesus would say.....Characters!

YtseJammer said:
Well, just got back. That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I might as well have had the BG guys in my basement...it's much cooler down there, about four times as wide, and about the same length.

Anyway, met the band, got albums signed, the usual. Very disorganized, I was a little surprised.

Nonetheless, it's a night I'll never forget...and I'm not talking about meeting the band! As DT Jesus would say.....Characters!
I just got in now at midnight. I only stayed until 10:30 but, must confess, got a little lost trying to find the Holland again. That rabbit-warren is a bitch to navigate at night.

Gotta say, that was a totally weird place. I'd have rather been in your basement for sure! Was nice meeting the guys, but that dungeon they were in sure filled up with body heat/smells fast! And the sound was deafening near the poor guys, but muddy everywhere else. Still, was a fun time and I know Loana was working her ass off trying to get it organized, but the logistics of that place made it hard.

Really enjoyed seeing so many of my metal buds and fellow 'ziners there. Everytime we get together, I just get more and more pumped for ProgPower! :headbang:

YtseJammer said:
LOL, love the "dungeon" reference. That's the term we used to describe the place.
Kinda reminded me of a catacombs or something. I was afraid to go looking for a bathroom downstairs for fear of finding the corpses of dead monks ensconced in those nooks and crevices. :zombie:

AMBR said:
I just got in now at midnight. I only stayed until 10:30 but, must confess, got a little lost trying to find the Holland again. That rabbit-warren is a bitch to navigate at night.

Gotta say, that was a totally weird place. I'd have rather been in your basement for sure! Was nice meeting the guys, but that dungeon they were in sure filled up with body heat/smells fast! And the sound was deafening near the poor guys, but muddy everywhere else. Still, was a fun time and I know Loana was working her ass off trying to get it organized, but the logistics of that place made it hard.

Really enjoyed seeing so many of my metal buds and fellow 'ziners there. Everytime we get together, I just get more and more pumped for ProgPower! :headbang:
I totally agree about the place...it was wierd, but Bill & I had a great time nonetheless!!! It was great to see you and our other friends there as well. We had our posters, CDs and DVD signed and took some pics with Hansi towards the end once the crowd thinned out. Now I can't wait till they come back on Nov. 30! The new CD is mine when it comes out too! It sounds simply amazing! :headbang:

Deb (and Bill too)

shaq said:
In case anyone is interested, here's my writeup of the night with some pictures and stuff: http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=636

Nice job, Greg. Really captured the spirit. Weird yet wicked cool event! Hansi and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]André[/FONT] really seemed to be having a good time. Nice to see the guys when they weren't rushing to a concert schedule. Kudos have to be given to Loana for doing an excellent, professional job in the face of a very constricted venue. :headbang:

AMBR said:
Nice job, Greg. Really captured the spirit. Weird yet wicked cool event! Hansi and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]André[/FONT] really seemed to be having a good time. Nice to see the guys when they weren't rushing to a concert schedule. Kudos have to be given to Loana for doing an excellent, professional job in the face of a very constricted venue. :headbang:

Hello there Beyond earcandy from the Metal Asylum, nice to hang with you again. See you at Venom next? I know definately Kamelot.

Here's a couple links everyone to BG/Demons and Wizrds updates
http://www.bravewords.com/news/49696

http://www.bravewords.com/news/49737