Blind Guardian / Grave Digger shows

I certainly was not disappointed with Grave Digger. They pretty much were the last "have to see before they hang it up" band on my bucket list. Of course I wish they played longer, but they had a good mix of stuff. Like Bob said, vocals were a little low audio wise, but it wasn't horrible as I only really noticed it when the audience was clapping along.

As for BG. They were good, but they also just aren't my favorite band in the world. Hansi's voice wasn't perfect, but with his style it isn't as noticeable as say if Fabio's voice was shot. That said, I think it's odd you'd do a 2 hour set if you have a cold which has been speculated. Between this and the last tour though, I probably don't have to see them again unless they have a great support act again.

The Detroit show seemed to have low audio for Grave Digger as well. It could have been where I was standing though. The turnout was phenomenal for Detroit, almost sold out. Which is a rarity in this town anymore. I go to 40-60 shows a year and I didn't recognize hardly anyone from other metal shows. Grave Digger's set was great. No disappointment. I've seen BG 3 times before and have been meh about them each time. This time however I thought they were great. Hansi sounded really good, they were all having a blast and the crowd was really into the show.

I did not have high expectations for Grave Digger. That being said, I thought they were pretty lame. Definitely not as solid as they sound on the albums I've heard.

Yeah, I was tired at the Chicago show...I saw them in Cleveland the day before and caught a 2 AM bus back to Chicago. Same setlist except Chicago had an extra tune: "Into The Storm." I thought Hansi sounded much better in Cleveland.

My top 3 would be the same, but in reverse order. Not sure about 50 but there are loads of German power metal bands I would put before Grave Digger, like Not Fragile, Scanner, Stormwitch, Edguy, Avantasia, Iron Savior, Orden Ogan, Evertale, Gloryhammer, Running Wild, Brainstorm, Brainfever, Rage, Paragon, Salem's Law, Axel Rudi Pell, Primal Fear, Trance, etc. etc.

BG over Helloween????

I am sure others may feel the same, but I am not one of them.

I'm with you Jason. I've said it before. I'm not a huge Blind Guardian fan. I think they're ok, but I've never truly understood the huge fanfare people have for them. I doubt they'd even make my top 10, possibly 20 honestly. To me, no one should ever be able to top Helloween in terms of power metal.

That's kind of a lame attitude to have. Just because they were the first doesn't mean it's impossible to do it better. Otherwise, what's the point?

When did I say it was because they were the first? I say that because they are the best band period. Only those two albums after the first two Keepers and the new one I don't enjoy. Everything else is gold. Their only issue I would say since post-Dark Ride is they cram too many songs on each album.

When did I say it was because they were the first? I say that because they are the best band period. Only those two albums after the first two Keepers and the new one I don't enjoy. Everything else is gold. Their only issue I would say since post-Dark Ride is they cram too many songs on each album.

I agree there is filler on many of Helloween's albums.

Main one I have issue with is Keepers III
Should never have been called that and didn't need to be a double.