Blind Guardian/Grave Digger tour

I haven't seen Blind Guardian yet, so I am excited, assuming that their setlist is nice and not just new album/Nightfall stuff. I gotta hear some Follow the Blind, Tales from the Twilight World, and Somewhere Far Beyond material at least.

I haven't heard Grave Digger. They good?

I haven't seen Blind Guardian yet, so I am excited, assuming that their setlist is nice and not just new album/Nightfall stuff. I gotta hear some Follow the Blind, Tales from the Twilight World, and Somewhere Far Beyond material at least.

If I can get a ticket I fucking going :cool:

Grave Digger. I first heard them on the local metal radio show back in 1984. Bought HBD on the vinyl not long after (Banzai Records!).

Yeah. Get Heavy Metal Breakdown Yoda.

I hope you're joking but if not, I find them to be one of the more consistent metal bands out there. No, they don't reinvent the wheel much but they always have memorable stuff. Only album of theirs I wasn't a fan of was the second to last one they did.

As far as I know both bands do a great job of spanning their whole careers, mixing up the old with the new. I'm not a huge Grave Digger fan by any means, but seeing them will be very cool. It's going to be a killer show.

BG don't usually go too deep.
I think last time the only one from the first two was Valhalla.

Yoda - GD = consistent heavy power metal with a vocalist who actually has balls!

The BG/GD show is at The Concord? Isn't that where the ceiling collapse happened (circa Manowar)? And lol @ the reviews of that place and it's security.

Still... Haven't seen either band and would like to. Will have to think on this one.

As for Grave Digger, my favorite album of theirs is still Rheingold. Check it out, Yoda.

Man, back in 1984...I was just a sperm. Those were the days.

I feel sadness for what you missed out on.

tears4.jpg

Will be my 4th time seeing both bands, will be there with bells on etc.

All the BG set lists I've seen have been great. Here's what I've seen them play:

Valhalla (once with Kai Hansen!)
Majesty
Welcome to Dying
Lost in the twilight hall
Lord of the rings
Script for my requiem
And the story ends
And then there was silence
Fly
Bards song
Mirror mirror
Barbara Ann
Voice in the dark
Sacred
Tanelorn
Past and future secret
Last candle
Time what is time
Traveller in Time
Banish from sanctuary
Into the storm
Journey through the dark
Bright eyes
Nightfall
Time stands still

There do a fantastic job of varying their set lists on tour. Go see them! You won't regret it.

The BG/GD show is at The Concord? Isn't that where the ceiling collapse happened (circa Manowar)? And lol @ the reviews of that place and it's security.

Still... Haven't seen either band and would like to. Will have to think on this one.

As for Grave Digger, my favorite album of theirs is still Rheingold. Check it out, Yoda.

It's the same place. Don't let that scare you though. I've been there twice the last month, and I'd have to say it's an awesome venue. Great sound and not a bad spot to stand. My ONLY complaint is their drinking prices. Had a Jack and Coke and it cost me 9 bucks.