Blind Guardian... Is it just me???

Thorshammer69

Mar 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I saw the thread on the B.G. tour, and decided I would ask.....Does anyone other than me think that Hansi Kürsch has an extremely annoying voice? I really dig Blind Guardians music, but just can't get past his voice. I gave away the CD I bought years ago, and have even tried listening to them recently on Youtube, and Pandora.

Hansi's voice give their music that haunting, dramatic sound. Without him, they would be lacking a key element.

Hansis voice, IS Blind Guardian for sure....I cannot even think of someone else being on the mic, otherwise it just wouldnt even be Blind Guardian anymore.

Also...Edguys " Out of Control " off of Vain Glory Opera, that song wouldnt be half as good without the backing vocals of one Hansi Kursch :)

Wow, I havent heard that song in some time, I will have to pull that one out for sure.

I have to say, I totally understand where OP is coming from though and can see how many people would find his voice annoying, however, I am not one of these people.

I saw the thread on the B.G. tour, and decided I would ask.....Does anyone other than me think that Hansi Kürsch has an extremely annoying voice? I really dig Blind Guardians music, but just can't get past his voice. I gave away the CD I bought years ago, and have even tried listening to them recently on Youtube, and Pandora.

I don't think you need to feel bad at all. i think Hansi is like a power metal version of Udo. Both have or (did in Udo's case) a big part in the sound of the band, but they definitely are singers that are an acquired taste. Both singers sing with a thick accent, which will bother some people but for others they are the selling point because of how unique they are.

You're not alone! I'm not a fan of his voice either. He is unique and people usually love or hate unique voices. Then at some point, it might win them over. So far, not me. I haven't given them a chance in a while though...

Ahhhhh. Great to know its not just you and me Pate. Thanks for the responses.
Nomisofsiman you are correct. I really liked Accept musically, but Udo sounded to me like his mouthwash had nails in it.