Blind Guardian... Is it just me???

I can "kinda" understand people not liking his voice due to its unique nature, much the same as Kai Hansen's voice, which sure as Hell isn't for everybody.

But to me, he has one of the most dynamic, expressive, emotive, and charming voices in Metal ... Hell, in music in general. Yes, I said charming; Hansi fanatics know what I mean!

I'm not a huge fan of Hansi's vocals, but I sure do love Blind Guardian, and can't imagine them without him. Though I will never ever see them live again. Hansi is terrible live. But as long as they keep putting out good albums, I'll keep buying them, and enjoying the band as a studio band.

Lots of interesting viewpoints in this thread. To me the soul of Blind Guardian mostly was with André Olbrich. His melodies always gave them the character I associated with Blind Guardian.

Then again I'm more familiar with the era before Nightfall, before the vocals (Hansi and backups) played as big a part as they do today.

Of course, Blind Guardian wouldn't be the same without Hansi, so I guess my point is it wouldn't be the same without Andre either. It just wouldn't be the same band at all without him.

To me the soul of Blind Guardian mostly was with André Olbrich. His melodies always gave them the character I associated with Blind Guardian.

Of course, Blind Guardian wouldn't be the same without Hansi, so I guess my point is it wouldn't be the same without Andre either. It just wouldn't be the same band at all without him.

Yep, Andre is the other side of the coin. Blind Guardian without either of the two isn't Blind Guardian at all.

I love Hansi.. but then again to this day i still cant stand to hear Ozzy's voice on anything. So fear not unique voices tend to do that to people.

I've always said that sabbath was better off without Ozzy, but that generally just ends up me running down the street with a lynch mob hot on my tail.

I cannot stand Avenged Sevenfold, because I think the singer's pinching his nose. Great music, his voice drives me nuts.

Oh well...

But Hansi's a great vocalist.

Same here. Sounds like a pop punk vocalist got in the wrong band.

Hansi may be my fav vocalist to listen to as far as album quality. And I dare say I like his vocals even more on the Demons & Wizards albums. However I've seen Blind Guardian live and I have to say as much as I love Hansi as a singer, the best vocal performance I've ever witnessed in person was Tim Ripper Owens.

Edguys " Out of Control " off of Vain Glory Opera, that song wouldnt be half as good without the backing vocals of one Hansi Kursch.

+1

Great metal singer though I don't think I'll ever love his voice for soft warm musical qualities :lol:

I think Hansi has a great voice - one of my favorites, but his high pitched screams can be a little annoying (Fly for instance).