Blind Guardian VS Iced Earth

Mark is right people, i liked iced earth for a bit,but now i am tired of them. Blind Guardian are to funny for words,specially that lord of the rings song,and into the storm.

They both need someone who knows how to sing,like Lord Worm from Cryptopsy for instance, or me,from goulburn.

Originally posted by Mark
Self-delusion is a curse, but it's a blessing for the afflicted such as yourself ;)

Hey, im QUITE happy in my own little world, thankyouverymuch :D

haha Alf is metal. That brings back memory's. Alf was the man when I was 8 haha

I don't know whats funny about the song Into the Storm? I think its pretty damn good actually :confused:

If you've only heard Blind Guardian from NIME then make sure you listen to Somewhere Far Beyond. A song like Time What is Time might change your mind :)

into the storm has possibly the chessiest chorus ever

i reckon manowar are better than both of them

WIMPS AND POSERS, GET UP LEAVE THE HALL

and another classy manowar quote from the same song

If you don't like metal; you are not my friend

i think we can all learn something from manowar.

Ahhh Manowar are pure class....

THE TRUE METAL PEOPLE WANNA ROCK, NOT POSE
WEARING JEANS AND LEATHER, NOT CRACKERJACK CLOTHES!

Hehehe...

COZ WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER AND THE MIGHT
AND THE GODS WHO MADE METAL, ARE WITH US TONIGHT!
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD
THEY SAID TO PLAY IT LOUDER THAN HELL, WE PROMISED THAT WE WOULD
WHEN LOSERS SAY ITS OVER WITH WE KNOW THAT ITS ALIVE
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL AND ITS NEVER GONNA DIE!

Rock n Roll!!! :D

PLAY IT LOUD, DONT PLAY IT LOW!
BLOW YOUR SPEAKERS.... WITH ROCK AND ROOOLLLLLLL!!!!!

:headbang:

Originally posted by The Trooper
Ahhh Manowar are pure class....

THE TRUE METAL PEOPLE WANNA ROCK, NOT POSE
WEARING JEANS AND LEATHER, NOT CRACKERJACK CLOTHES!

Hehehe...

COZ WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER AND THE MIGHT
AND THE GODS WHO MADE METAL, ARE WITH US TONIGHT!
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD
THEY SAID TO PLAY IT LOUDER THAN HELL, WE PROMISED THAT WE WOULD
WHEN LOSERS SAY ITS OVER WITH WE KNOW THAT ITS ALIVE
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL AND ITS NEVER GONNA DIE!

Rock n Roll!!! :D

PLAY IT LOUD, DONT PLAY IT LOW!
BLOW YOUR SPEAKERS.... WITH ROCK AND ROOOLLLLLLL!!!!!

:headbang:

:lol: Oh my god. :lol:

Manowar lyrics? :eek: :eek: :eek: Noooo!!! Make it stop!!!

Mother, I told you! That sailor suit doesn't fit anymore!!!

I ought to have something profound to contribute to this thread, but I still haven't heard any Blind Guardian. I suspect I'll get around to it eventually.

Demons & Wizards is pretty damn good, though it hasn't inspired me to race out and start buying BG albums.

W

Having come here originally from the Iced Earth BB, my choice is a no-brainer - ICED EARTH. I have 3 Blind Guardian CD's and the only one I was able to really get into was Imaginations from the Other Side - the others tend to bore me after a short while.

I love every one of Iced Earth's CD's with Matt Barlow's vocals. The range, strength and vibrato that Matt Barlow is able to pull off are absolutely unbelievable - very few rock/metal singers can do what he does. He is a far more talented singer than Hansi is, IMHO! I do like Demons & Wizards, but after I played it the first couple of times, I put it away for a couple of months just because of Hansi's vocals, then revisited it again and it grew on me. :eek: It took quite a while to get used to him. Barlow is far better, did I say that already? :lol:

Yes Spawn, Fiddler on the Green is an excellent song! My husband learned how to play it so I could sing it. :D

Originally posted by She Wolf
Yes Spawn, Fiddler on the Green is an excellent song! My husband learned how to play it so I could sing it. :D

I cant play it! :cry: Its one of my favourite songs, I love when it goes into the "Take my hand" part. Pure brilliance!

Originally posted by spawn

I cant play it! :cry: Its one of my favourite songs, I love when it goes into the "Take my hand" part. Pure brilliance!

Why can't you play it Spawny? Do you need the chords or some technical assistance? Come now, if I can sing it, you should be able to play it. ;) ;) ;) *LOL*

Originally posted by She Wolf

Why can't you play it Spawny? Do you need the chords or some technical assistance? Come now, if I can sing it, you should be able to play it. ;) ;) ;) *LOL*

Ill stick with Damien, thats a lot easier to play!! :headbang:

Originally posted by spawn

Ill stick with Damien, thats a lot easier to play!! :headbang:

No, no, no, no. You can't give up. If it's technical assistance, I can get the old man to fork over the knowledge. After that, it's just practice, practice, practice. (Spoken like a mom - doh!) Where's that positive attitude you just reminded ME of? :lol: Ah, most grand things in life are achieved only through great pain (remember I had babies) - you can do it Spawn - I believe in you! ;) :headbang: :hotjump: :yow: :devil:

The sort-of wise one has spoken. Okay, I'll shut up now.

At an old MB I used to frequent (until it became obsessed with flamewars about what is metal and what isn't -- never, EVER think of posting there if you actually LIKE Slipknot, SOAD, Creed or anything other than "true" Metal), there was a strong belief that Jon Schaffer only knows three chords, and two chord progressions. I went back and listened to "SWTWC" and discovered to my horror that this belief was correct! However, it's still a great album and Iced Earth are still one of my favourite bands. I prefer them over Blind Guardian because they're heavier, faster and far less cheesy! I think Blind Guardian are actually a better band musically, in much the same way as, say, Dream Theater are better musically than just about anyone, but I like Iced Earth more than Blind Guardian, and just about anyone better than Dream Theater.

:D