Blind Guardian VS Iced Earth

Originally posted by She Wolf

No, no, no, no. You can't give up. If it's technical assistance, I can get the old man to fork over the knowledge. After that, it's just practice, practice, practice. (Spoken like a mom - doh!) Where's that positive attitude you just reminded ME of? :lol: Ah, most grand things in life are achieved only through great pain (remember I had babies) - you can do it Spawn - I believe in you! ;) :headbang: :hotjump: :yow: :devil:

The sort-of wise one has spoken. Okay, I'll shut up now.

But its ALSO a lot more fun to play :D Especially if noones home and I can play really loudly :headbang: :lol:

(Its actually only one note of the main riff on fiddler I cant hit, as its too far to stretch!)

Originally posted by Goreripper
I think Blind Guardian are actually a better band musically, in much the same way as, say, Dream Theater are better musically than just about anyone, but I like Iced Earth more than Blind Guardian, and just about anyone better than Dream Theater.

Heheheh that's exactly what I think too :)

And I hate Dream Theater because even though they are great musicians, I think the point of being good at your instrument is so you have the tools to enhance your songs, not write songs around showing off those skills. Boring.

:)

As Gene Simmons once said.. "I'd rather here a simple A chord that cracks your ribs than a million notes that just sound like an angry bee."

I'd must rather listen to Twisted Sister and AC/DC play 3 chords but write excellent hard rockin' anthems, than hear 12 minutes of fiddly progressive jazz/funk/metal fusion crap where not even one part of the song is catchy or memorable in anyway.