Blind Guardian

Imagination From The Otherside is the best one. I got all of Blind Guardian album expect Tokyo Tales.

I've never heard of them till some dude from Romania or somewhere in Eastern europe while I was on yahoo! metal chat like 2 or 3 years ago.

They are good band.

Blind Guardian is the reason I got into the whole metal scene! I downloaded a song by accident, and well, now I own about 30 metal CD's from the past year(yeah, i know, only 30, give me a break, I'm not rolling in the money, although owning 30 cd's is prob more than a lot of ppl who just dl them...). A Night At The Opera was my first CD, and I think it's simply amazing, especially when you read the lyrics and then get an understanding of what the songs mean, adds a whole new dimension.

Nightfall In Middle-Earth is prob my fav ever since I actually read the Silmarillion. Read the book, find a website like the following and read the meaning behind each song. Simply amazing song writing.

IMO Blind Guardian is one of the few bands who have changed a lot while still being great at everything they do.
I love them from the straightforward speed Metal debut to the latest very complex and "artsy" offering.

I love Blind Guardian probably more than I've ever loved a band before. So no I don't have that problem with them :|

Hansi is my personal favorite metal vocalist, and Andre is one of the best lead guitarists of the last 10 years.

TheyRe my favorite band and as an album suggestion, I'd say start with Nightfall in Middle-Earth. IMHO, it is their absolute peak performance! A Dark Passage has been playing as I've been reading this thread and it still amazes me every time I hear it. I can't pick bad albums or least favorites or what have you, but I'd say Battalions of Fear would be at the bottom of the barrel because it was their humble beginnings. As some UM forumers know, I used to be rabidly obsessed with Hansi Kürsch, but now I've grown up and grown to love all the bards for the people they are and the indescribable force they make up. My msn is melodica83@hotmail.com if any BG fans want to get to know me.

Blind Guardian is one of the few power metal bands I can really get into, simply because, unlike a lot of other power metal bands I've heard(Not all of them, just the ones I've heard), Hansi has some BALLS when he sings.