Blind Guardian

Their Power/Speed Metal albums are total fucking whiplash-providing monsters. :headbang:

Their later albums (Nightfall, Opera)? Eh, depends on preference.

Laughable in what sense? The actors are brilliant, but maybe they are laughable if you don't know the story.

Don't get so offended, I love the Silmarillion and I think the spoken word sections are hilarious! Ya gotta love "Curse of Feanor" and "When Sorrow Sang", it's great that Blind Guardian still have the courage to write riff monsters in a world plauged by flower Metal like Sonata Craptica and the like.

(It's because they're Deustchlanders :worship: )

Jean-Pierre said:
Their Power/Speed Metal albums are total fucking whiplash-providing monsters. :headbang:

Their later albums (Nightfall, Opera)? Eh, depends on preference.

Hell yes. But I still like their later albums, too.

considering NIME is a concept album of the Silmarillion, I dont mind there being spoken parts in there, plus their spoken parts are a lot better than Rhapsody's spoken parts. They are a really amazing band and write good instrumental parts.

"Lord of the Rings" is one of the most hillarious songs ever written. It starts out soooo bad, but some how it just keeps getting worse and worse until "MORDOR MORDOR!" *Shivers* The only other song I've heard on multiple occasions is "The Soulforged" Which is also hillarious. It is cathy but that does not make it good...

Blind Guardian is one of the really few worthy powermetal bands.
I like their old albums and love the three newest one (though the last one is not as good as the two albums before it).
Perhaps the spoken parts are a bit cheesy, but i think they are not more cheesy than Emperor: Anthems... and totally cheeseless compared to Rhapsody or any other flowermetal band. ;)

I don't know how much I like their older albums, but I think I listened to them expecting to hear their present greatness. It just bothers me a lot when I listen to stuff off of Batallions of Fear or Follow The Blind.