Blitz and Stonewall's quest for Dungeon

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
This arvo Stonewall and myself went for a drive down to Melb to pick up the new Dungeon album and whatever other goodies we came across. Here is my haul:

Dungeon - One Step Beyond
Amorphis - Tuonela
Mortification - Blood World
Silentium - Altum
Death Angel - The Art Of Dying

And I picked up a few Christmas presents as well. Three of those were second hand from Heartland, good as new, $15 each. Awesome, Heartland was heaps better than it used to be. Dungeon was only $21.99 from JB as well, so I guess I can forgive the lack of bonus tracks, even though they are mentioned in the booklet. :p

From first listens, I am impressed. The first thing I noticed was the excellent production, and the killer drum sound and drum playing. Very tight, very awesome. I see why they have gotten rid of the 'power metal' tag, as this is more speed metal than anything else. The Art Of War is killer, probably my fav track so far, along with Surface Tension. Great stuff.

:headbang:

A fiendish friend of mine told me that Age Of Mythologies sucks.
Not that it would have worked on my PC anyway.. :(

The Getaway rocks, pity it isn't out on Xbox :(

Why didn't Sims 2 work? I'm thinking of getting it when I get my new pooter.

You didn't pick up a DVD copy by mistake and try and play it in a regular CD-ROM or anything liek that, did you? Apparently that's pretty common at the moment because the boxes aren't marked very well.

I haven't listened to The Art Of Dying properly yet, but I got it because of the handful of mp3s I downloaded on Gore's recommendation. I didn't get into them much at first, but after having them a while I realised they were awesome. Generic thrash, but awesome generic thrash.

So what happened with the bonus tracks LT?

As for games, I want the new GTA, but will probably wait til after Christmas.

And it's been updated! :)

Q. What's with the 2 cover songs in the Australian version of One Step Beyond's liner notes? Where are they? Why are they being mentioned at all?

A. The Australian version of One Step Beyond originally had 2 bonus tracks: Dokken's 'Til The Living End' and Queen's 'The Hero'. Due to delays with the international release by LMP, it was decided that these songs were dropped from the Australian release to add to the value of the LMP version. Unfortunately, by the time this had been decided, it was too late to remove this information from the Australian booklet. This will be corrected in a future pressing. For buyers of the Australian version, we have uploaded these tracks for you to download. Please click here to get these tracks.
Yay! :D

phlogiston said:
You didn't pick up a DVD copy by mistake and try and play it in a regular CD-ROM or anything liek that, did you? Apparently that's pretty common at the moment because the boxes aren't marked very well.
Yes! That's exactly what happened! I'm looking at the box right now, and it says SPecial DVD edition! I thought it was a CD-ROM plus a DVD, but it must be just a DVD. That's why the disc won't read! Thanks ploggy!

big giantly huge fucking yay :headbang:

except I won't be getting the CD until tomorrow, and that's assuming JB have it in stock. :yuk:

Japanese fans, don't despair - it's less than a week until One Step Beyond hits Japan via Sound Holic and it's loaded with extra bonus tracks!

So just what is it loaded with?