BLITZKRIEG

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Here's another sensational band that are doing a handful of dates early next year. These guys are absolutely electric live, so if you live near Newcastle or Manchester, I canny stress this enough, do not miss Blitzkrieg cos they are totally deadly.

I think it will be the Irish gig that I'll see them at cos I've got a few friends that stay there.

And if you're not familiar with them, check out their site www.blitzed-alive.com and you can listen to about 7 full songs - each one is classic.

Fri 24th Feb Rosettas Bar , Belfast , NORTHERN IRELAND

Thu 16th Feb Trillians Bar , Newcastle , ENGLAND

Wed 15th Feb Music Box , Manchester , ENGLAND

Sat 15th Jul Headbangers Open Air Festival , GERMANY

Wow it has been years since I heard anyone mention Blitzkrieg...

People over hear acutaull think that the tune is a metallica (does not deserve a capital) tune

LOL Yes Blitzkrieg are a blast from the past indeed - I very passed out when I first heard the rumours that they were planning a few gigs next year and I thought that was all it was, just rumours. But I heard a week or two ago about the tour but forgot to mention it on here!!!

I've heard Metallica doing Buried Alive and they more or less murder that masterpiece. I knew that Metallica did a few Diamond Head songs as well, they are ok at those songs but obviously not anywhere as good as the mighty DiamondHead. But it was only last week that I realised they cover another one of my favourite bands - they do 2 Budgie songs. This came as a total shock to me cos I never knew they did any Budgie songs at all. Breadfan and Crash Course in Brain Surgery. They are pretty good at Breadfan but OMG Crash Course in Brain Surgery that is one of my fav Budgie songs and it is soooooo chronic, I can't even think of any words suitable to describe how Metallica have destroyed that epic song.

Well Blitzkrieg-song does remind me of the Motorheads Bomber album, especially the part 2min 5 sec - 2min 10 sec, glad that these musicians keep that sound alive! The bass playing is the same as on that album.. Not bad, thx for the link princess_of_the_night2112 !!!

jabba said:
isn´t this a saxon forum ?

Well believe it or not even though this is the Saxon forum, we just don't talk about Saxon, we do actually talk about other bands and even more stranger than that, we tell jokes, we mention what albums we're listening to, talk about films, we talk about almost anything on here. And that's what makes it interesting cos it was be mighty boring I think if it was Saxon 100% of the time. I like to see what folk are listening to, I'm interested to hear what concerts people are going to see, its good when people recommend films then other forumites go along and check it out, same with some new bands as well.

And who the hell are you anyway????? A newcomer and this is your first post. Well I think its about time you learnt some forum etiquette cos its really a bit out of order sticking in a boring post like that. If you've got something interesting to say like the rest of us, then say it, but if not just shut the hell up.

WILKS said:
Did they ever make an album?

LOL they made more than one Wilks - about 5 or 6 I think. They've got a new album out just now which I'll need to get cos I've heard its supposed to be brill, I've heard one song from it and it's terrific. I'm seeing about 5 bands before I see Blitzkrieg but its the Blitzkrieg gig that I'm ultra excited about, well them and Dragonforce, both will be tremendous, but I still prefer Blitzkrieg to Dragonforce - I am truly stuck in the 80s but you canny beat a bit of 80s metal!!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Well believe it or not even though this is the Saxon forum, we just don't talk about Saxon, we do actually talk about other bands and even more stranger than that, we tell jokes, we mention what albums we're listening to, talk about films, we talk about almost anything on here. And that's what makes it interesting cos it was be mighty boring I think if it was Saxon 100% of the time. I like to see what folk are listening to, I'm interested to hear what concerts people are going to see, its good when people recommend films then other forumites go along and check it out, same with some new bands as well.

And who the hell are you anyway????? A newcomer and this is your first post. Well I think its about time you learnt some forum etiquette cos its really a bit out of order sticking in a boring post like that. If you've got something interesting to say like the rest of us, then say it, but if not just shut the hell up.

And we talk about spanking and spandex too! Oh yeah.......:D :lol:

heavycelli said:
glad that these musicians keep that sound alive! Not bad, thx for the link princess_of_the_night2112 !!!

Yes I'm glad they kept that sound alive as well cos its superb:headbang: And you're welcome for the link Heavycelli, I cant remember if you stay in Germany or not but if you do you will be able to see them at Headbangers. When I see them in Ireland, if they're still as amazing live as they used to be which I think they will be, I'm sure they'll blow everyone away - I might even think about seeing them at the Headbangers as well.

Paxoman said:
And we talk about spanking and spandex too! Oh yeah.......:D :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah and we also talk quite a lot about going to a Saxon concert, getting totally reekin and falling into baths:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Jabba, I forgot to tell you but one of the rules of this forum, all newcomers must answers a few questions first:-

1. Whats your favourite position.
2. When was the last time you got your Nat King Cole.
3. Do you like getting it up the chuff!
4. How many times have you seen Saxon.

Well at the risk of sounding a bit rude princess.When i got into metal in 80/81 they were old news.I was only into what aws new.I was only about 10/11.I am guessing you were old enough to see them bands.By the time i got to see my first band in 83(ozzy) most of the bands had vanished.

Pax,you have a one track mind.SPANDEX.Get a grip i had mine on under my jeans at Saxon,and when i saw you didnt have yours on i bottle it.Mind you i drove home in them.You should have seen the looks the lorry drivers gave me.:lol: :lol:

WILKS said:
Pax,you have a one track mind.SPANDEX.Get a grip i had mine on under my jeans at Saxon,and when i saw you didnt have yours on i bottle it.Mind you i drove home in them.You should have seen the looks the lorry drivers gave me.:lol: :lol:

Well you don't grow up with Saxon through the 80's and don't have a one track mind about spandex, I can tell you! :lol:

I was going to wear my spandex to the Nottingham gig, but the walk back to the hotel was a bit far! I didn't want to be propositioned on the way, or have people thinking I was a member of Village People! :lol:

LOL they made more than one Wilks - about 5 or 6 I think. They've got a new album out just now which I'll need to get cos I've heard its supposed to be brill, I've heard one song from it and it's terrific. I'm seeing about 5 bands before I see Blitzkrieg but its the Blitzkrieg gig that I'm ultra excited about, well them and Dragonforce, both will be tremendous, but I still prefer Blitzkrieg to Dragonforce - I am truly stuck in the 80s but you canny beat a bit of 80s metal!!!

You have got me curious about Dragonforce now Princess! I could have gone to see them a couple of times at the Underworld when I lived in London, but didn't go because I thought they were power metal, which ain't my cup of tea. You and me seem to have the same taste in music (ie NWOBHM), so I am surprised that you like them. Bearing in mind I have not heard one single song from Dragonforce, do you think I would like them? What kind of music do they play? And what would be a good album to start with?

Oh yeah and we also talk quite a lot about going to a Saxon concert, getting totally reekin and falling into baths:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Jabba, I forgot to tell you but one of the rules of this forum, all newcomers must answers a few questions first:-

1. Whats your favourite position.
2. When was the last time you got your Nat King Cole.
3. Do you like getting it up the chuff!
4. How many times have you seen Saxon.

I don't recall answering any of those questions!! :oops:

What is a "Nat King Cole"? I understand the other three questions though ;)

WILKS said:
Well at the risk of sounding a bit rude princess.When i got into metal in 80/81 they were old news.I was only into what aws new.I was only about 10/11.I am guessing you were old enough to see them bands.By the time i got to see my first band in 83(ozzy) most of the bands had vanished.

Wilks you're making me sound like a well faded rock chick of about 60 LOL - honestly I'm not anywhere near that age!!!!

I'm sure Blitzkrieg only got together either in the late 70s or very early 80s. I saw lots of bands in the early 80s, some of them played in wee pubs and I wasn't old enough to drink alcohol in those days but it was ok if you were just going to see the band, you could get in no problem as long as you stayed away from the bar, which I did of course.

Sammi951 said:
I don't recall answering any of those questions!! :oops:

What is a "Nat King Cole"? I understand the other three questions though ;)

I know Sammi, I don't think anyone has been brave enough yet to answer those questions - you can go first if you like LOL!!!!.

Nat King Cole - maybe that's not a term that's used anywhere else about from round Glasgow way, I'm not sure, but if someone asks you "when was the last time you got your Nat King Cole - it means when was the last time you got your HOLE:oops: :oops: :oops: . That's terrible lanuage for a Princess to use isn't it hehe!

Paxoman said:
Dragonforce, do you think I would like them? What kind of music do they play? And what would be a good album to start with?

Yes Paxo I think you would definitely love Dragonforce. It usually takes me a wee while to get into a new band but the first time I heard one of thier songs I was like "WOW WHO THE HELL IS THAT BAND" - they just completely blew me away. They are fast speed/power metal and when I say fast I really mean ultra fast & furious but with really good vocals as well. I don't really know that much about them, so I think they're only got a couple of albums - I've heard their first (?) one Valley of the Damned, its quite good but the one I've got is Sonic Firestorm and its sensational. Every song on that album is brilliant, my favourites being My Spirit will Go On, Dawn over a New World, Once in a Lifetime - they are superb.

They've got a new album coming out in January called Inhuman Rampage, so I'll need to get my hands on that before I see them at the end of Jan. You should maybe try and download a few songs to see if you like themPAxoman and if you think they're any good, you should go along and see what they're like live. Its only £11 for a ticket to see them at The Carling - I really think they will be absolutely mindblowing live.