Blood Meridian

Final_Vision

This is Not an Exit
Oct 19, 2001
California
At the request of a certain greek lady, thought it might be interesting to make a thread where people could suggest little known bands, or perhaps "If you like (band a) than youd like (band b)" type thing.

Also people who have their own band could post here and advertise instead of filling the board with "CHECK OUT MY BAND" threads.

For my post, I suggest, and highly reccomend Mistweaver, their really somber melodic death, with some great clean vox. Their older stuff is better IMO but all they have is 3 demos, and their unsigned.

www.mp3.com/mistweaver can find all your Mistweaver needs there.

Recomeneded: Torwards an End, Visions & Dreams, Thousand Mistakes

I reccomend Martyr, technical/jazz death metal.

Warp Zone is their best album, and the album works better as a 'whole thing', but their best song off the album is 'virtual emotions'.

If you like latter day Death like TSOP, you would most-likely enjoy martyr. Really awesome musicians.

If you like progressive metal that isn't toooo progressive and technical, but still has a lot of emotion in it then you'll love WOLVERINE!!

They're from Sweden and, as I said, mostly influenced by progressive metal; the vocals are mainly clean, with ~20% grunts. They've released their debut full-length album on DVS records in Europe and The End Records in the US. Their first official release was an MCD that came out in December 1999 (and was re-realeased last year) - that one can also be ordered though The End Records. Well, I still wonder why only so few people know them...they may have a contract, but are still an underground band. I've been a fan of them for more than 2 year now...and trust me when I say THAT THEY FUCKING RULE. The only problem is that they've got no label which can advertise them, otherwise they would be really big. (btw: even Dan Swanö likes them and their guitarist was about to go on tour with Opeth in Europe as the guitar technican...)

OK, enough said, just go to their MP3 page; there you can download full songs from their debut - I suggest More than Grief and Again? (one of my favourite songs _ever_). They've got two full songs from their new album on their homepage. BTW: Their keyboarder also has an account here at ultimatemetal, his nick is "unsumed".

full songs froum the debut MCD: http://www.mp3.com/wolverine
two full songs from the new album: http://www.wolverine-overdose.com

Happy downloading :)

Hey everyone!!

Guess I'll have to promote ourselves...we play some kind of melodic death with some clean vocals perfomed by...ME! :)

Anyway...surf in on our homepage and listen to some of the clips under 'Compositions'!

URL: http://jump.to/elohim

Hail to metal and to swedish meatballs!!

:D

/Martin

Originally posted by Villain
What kind of music does this band b play? For I don't like band a too much...

it's really hard to describe, but you will get the general idea when i tell you that band b plays a very band c-influenced style w, only instead of q-type vocals you get your basic standard p-type ones. of course there are lots of other hints at style x and y, although the songs never ever get longer than n+1 minutes. :)

rahvin.

time to promote my band once again... :)
just click the link in the sig.
i think it won't be anybody's taste :)

Originally posted by rahvin
it's really hard to describe, but you will get the general idea when i tell you that... bla, bla, bla (Rahvin's usual boring speech here) :D

All those is fine, but... is the singer a nice guy? It's the most important fact in a band!!!

|ngenius (dramatic poster with dramatic posts)

P.D: Someone told us about Wolverine, I've downloaded some stuff by them that I'll check as soon as possible. So, if you're looking for some progressive bands, check Andromeda's "Extension of Wish". :cool:

|ngenius (this is the right time)