Blood Of Nations

i like the cherone VH album and i like X-FACTOR better than all of maiden's albums released since then

Me too :headbang:

As for Trunk. Yeah, I witnessed his sycophantic cornering of Peter Baltes in person at the Gramercy in NYC. A most shameful display indeed :bah: At the same time, he was quite right about how good BOTN is so... :lol:

i like the cherone VH album and i like X-FACTOR better than all of maiden's albums released since then

Accept should not be mentioned with posers like Ratt. :kickass:

HAAhaa, dude, the "no posers" mantra died when Ross The Boss left Manowar.

Anyhoo, yeah, the bonus track at [7] is a bit strange. But I have listened to this the whole weekend and it is growing in stature every day. Tornillos voice has a strange Bon Scott like quality that comes through every few songs. I'm glad he does not sound like Udo but his voice fits the music to a tee. The riffs simply slay me. Great comeback.

HAAhaa, dude, the "no posers" mantra died when Ross The Boss left Manowar.

Anyhoo, yeah, the bonus track at [7] is a bit strange. But I have listened to this the whole weekend and it is growing in stature every day. Tornillos voice has a strange Bon Scott like quality that comes through every few songs. I'm glad he does not sound like Udo but his voice fits the music to a tee. The riffs simply slay me. Great comeback.

Oh my god I guess people here in this forum really started to think that I am walking around like "kill the posers, no posers" lol. That was just a joke. Really. Come on ! it is 2010 and I am 36 lol.:wave:

uhm, note the exaggerated "HAAhaa" at the beginnig of my post. Did not take you seriously. :Smokin:

Oh my god I guess people here in this forum really started to think that I am walking around like "kill the posers, no posers" lol. That was just a joke. Really. Come on ! it is 2010 and I am 36 lol.:wave:

Since they were mentioned, I'm gonna add that King's X is my favorite band in the world!

Doug Pinnick just had a birthday... #60! I was shocked that he's older the Rob Halford, and only 2 years younger then Tony Iommi and Ozzy.

Glad that at least one band doesn't feel it's necessary to sell a "VIP package" in order to get a meet & greet.

All fans are invited to participate in the FREE meet-and-greets that will take place after every show throughout ACCEPT's co-headlining tour with KING'S X, which launches next week in Poughkeepsie, New York. The members of ACCEPT have pledged to stay until the very last fan leaves happy, so grab your ACCEPT memorabilia and camera and get ready for a night of autographs and photographs!

i got it today along with the new flotsam and jetsam and a used copy of the stooges the weirdness. lots of music to catch this week on my way to work. i'm 6 tracks in on the new accept and it blows my mind

I saw them last earlier this year. Not bad. Not totally my thing, but I enjoyed it.

It would have been nice if they had played the 70s Show theme because I only knew their singles and maybe 1-2 other songs.

A friend of mine helped set up the Cheap Trick show here in Phoenix back in late June and he showed me the printed setlist. It had that 70s Show theme on it, so I know they are playing it. Did you maybe take a bathroom break? Or maybe they think Canadians don't get That 70s Show and wouldn't recognize it?

As for the new Accept, HOLY SHIT! They really hit it out of the park on this one. The riffage is way old school (like Restless and Wild) but with massive production. This album definitely kicks my balls...or maybe it's the subwoofer. Or both!

Did you maybe take a bathroom break? Or maybe they think Canadians don't get That 70s Show and wouldn't recognize it?

No, I sat through the whole set. This was a 2 hour headlining show and they never did it. Or any Beatles covers for that matter which would have been great. I believe the show was in February of this year if I remember correctly.

No, I sat through the whole set. This was a 2 hour headlining show and they never did it. Or any Beatles covers for that matter which would have been great. I believe the show was in February of this year if I remember correctly.

Strange that they didn't play that 70s song.. or any beatles covers. I'm pretty sure they did both at that June concert. I'll check with my buddy and see if he still has the setlist.

cheap trick has been rotating their setlist a lot lately so probably left it out that show

This is my favourite disc in a long time. Did anyone order the t-shirt and CD from Nuclear Blast U.S.A.?

I'm thinking of getting it just because of the price, but that will give me a second CD.

My view is clearly minority, apparently, but after a few weeks worth of spins, I dont think this record is as special as everyone else does. It's rather pedestrian, really. I like it, to be sure, but dont regard it as an 'album of the year' contender. 6.5/10 or maybe 7/10.

A better production might have improved it (damn you, Sneap) but the songs are the songs, right?

Tornillo is a positive, however. His Biff Byford / Bon Scott hybrid sound fits well.

I still don't see how the production could have been any "better." Most on the UM Andy Sneap board are drooling over the production (we're talking about 100s of audio engineers, many of whom have recorded our favorite albums) and consider Sneap one of the best metal engineers today. :p To each his own.

I will agree however that the record is quite good, but hardly a classic - at least to my ears. Only 4 songs have wound up on my ipod.

Most on the UM Andy Sneap board are drooling over the production (we're talking about 100s of audio engineers, many of whom have recorded our favorite albums) and consider Sneap one of the best metal engineers today. :p To each his own.

The production of the recording is excellent. However, because it's so compressed it falls short of what it could be.

Also those "Audio Engineers" that you speak of are probably do-it-yourself home engineers who don't have any formal experience/training.

The production of the recording is excellent. However, because it's so compressed it falls short of what it could be.

Also those "Audio Engineers" that you speak of are probably do-it-yourself home engineers who don't have any formal experience/training.

A good number of them are. However guys such as James Murphy, Lasse from LSD (Recorded the Alestorm discs), Glenn (who recorded our disc), and countless other veteran producers also frequent it.

The new Accept disc isn't that compressed. It's certainly loud, but there are some dynamics and it's not distorted ala Death Magnetic. Personally, I wish mastering engineers would go back to mastering ala Slave to the Grind: decently loud but not cranked, and dynamic.