Bloodbath video clip

Good video...but I can't help but not take Mikael seriously cause live he's funny and making jokes. He's funny in this vid. too. Cool video...good lighting and nice t-shirt from Mikael

He said "among many other things". I think that sort of justifies the claim. To say that Opeth have no death metal leanings is laughable.

Well, the point is they don't have enough death metal elements to justify his point that Opeth should be brutal whenever they growl. They essentially have growls and minor riffs - last time I checked so do death/doom albums like Brave Murder Day and if those were brutal instead of beautiful as they are, I sure as shit wouldn't listen to them.

"Brutal" and "beautiful" aren't mutually exclusive. Opeth, if any band, has proven you can have both at the same time.

I agree, Godhead59.
Since I heard "Watershed" and "The Fathomless Mastery" I'm kinda missing the The-Grand-Conjuration-Growls if you understand what I mean. The growls in that song are just the deepest and best (in my opinion) I've ever heard.
I also like the growls on the new albums, but they are indeed weaker and different.
However, I remember an interview with Mikael about "Watershed" and he said that it was his very intention to do this death metal vocal style on "Watershed", because he wanted to have straight-to-the-point-growls this time around.

Good video...but I can't help but not take Mikael seriously cause live he's funny and making jokes. He's funny in this vid. too. Cool video...good lighting and nice t-shirt from Mikael

Yeah, actually after watching the video several times, i thought that he wanted to act like a zombie but we didn't get the point which made him look (to us) uncomfortable

Not half bad for a DM-video, but yeah, he does look a bit weird without a mic/guitar. I don't think he's necessarily uncomfortable though, might as well be that we are.

I think they should at least give him a mic next time. Looking at the Wacken show he looks badass when he's not just screaming into nothing :p

I think you guys are missing a big difference between Watershed and GR which I believe counts for this growling difference I also noticed. The production quality between GR and WS is very different. GR production is the best, everything is clear to hear including Mike's growls and all sounds well. On Watershed though, there is a kind of buzzing in every song which kinda distorts the voice quality. All instruments sound like their normal sounds are distorted and changed, like speaking from radio. This is why Mike's growls feel different.

"Brutal" and "beautiful" aren't mutually exclusive. Opeth, if any band, has proven you can have both at the same time.

You can have them in the same song but not really in the same section of a song. I've never seen a brutal section that was beautiful and vice versa, but hey I could be wrong.

Didn't like the video too much, but hey, i'm not a video fan enyway... Like the effects though, and Mikael looks great (apart from the fact that he needs a guitar). And Axe with "blood" all over his face and nothing in his hair. Sooo cute. :) Like he's thinking "Let's get this video done so i can get this shit out of my face. It's sticky!"...

The song itself is great though!