Bloodbound news-

BLOODBOUND, the new Swedish metal band featuring Fredrik Bergh (STREET TALK; bass, keyboards and backing vocals) and Tomas Olsson (lead and rhythm guitars), has signed a Brazilian record deal with Rock Machine Records. The group's debut album, "Nosferatu", will be released in Brazil within a few months.

BLOODBOUND recently parted ways with with singer Kristian Andrén (MEMENTO MORI, WUTHERING HEIGHTS, TAD MOROSE) after only a few weeks of working together. A replacement vocalist has not yet been announced. The band also announced the addition of Tomas' younger brother Henrik Olsson as the group's new rhythm guitar player.

BLOODBOUND is currently writing and recording its second album, tentatively due in early 2007. Some of the new songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Book of the Dead", "Vampires", "Into Eternity", "Turn To Stone" and "The Tempter".

"Nosferatu" was released in Europe in February via Metal Heaven. The CD was recorded and produced by Tomas Olsson and Fredrik Bergh

WOnder if they have a new singer yet...

-Metal

BLOODBOUND recently parted ways with with singer Kristian Andrén (MEMENTO MORI, WUTHERING HEIGHTS, TAD MOROSE)

Am I confused, or are they?

BLOODBOUND recently parted ways with with singer Kristian Andrén (MEMENTO MORI, WUTHERING HEIGHTS, TAD MOROSE)

Am I confused, or are they?

In case you're confused about what I think you're confused about... Urban left, and then they got Kristian. Kristian, however, was a temporary replacement so they could finish their tour (if I understand correctly). Now he's out, too.

In case you're confused about what I think you're confused about... Urban left, and then they got Kristian. Kristian, however, was a temporary replacement so they could finish their tour (if I understand correctly). Now he's out, too.
Not to argue, but none of the news given ever indicated that Kristian was just a fill in. They had a press release that announced him as the new singer for Bloodbound, and now this one that says he's out of the band already after only working together for a few weeks. Now you could be correct, and Kristian was nothing more than a fill-in for some tour work, but why don't these press releases ever state that?

Britt

Well, I found this at the Bloodbound site .... they are now saying that Kristian was just a temporary replacement for Urban Breed. Their press releases are very confusing though, and when reading them it seems Kristian was hired as the permanent replacement, and then subsequently dumped a few weeks later.

Here's some stuff from Bloodbound's site.

Thank You Kristian Andrén for temporarily helping us out with the vocals!

A big THANK YOU to Kristian Andrén for temporarily helping us out with the vocals on the last show of the tour at United Forces of Rock in Germany. Even though Kristian had a bad cold he got up there and gave it a 110% and saved us from cancelling the show.
The spot as bloodbound's new lead vocalist has not yet been filled, but we are in the middle of auditioning singers and the name will probably be announced around Christmas.

At the moment the band is working hard on the writing and recording of the forthcoming second album, which will be released in March 2007. Some of the new titles includes: Book of the Dead, Vampires, Into Eternity, Turn To Stone and The Tempter.

We are also happy to announce that Tomas' younger brother Henrik Olsson is our new rhythm guitar player. Henrik is an experienced and highly educated musician with a background in jazz and can handle most musical styles. A new bass player will be announced shortly.
As you all probably know Urban, Markus and Jörgen are no longer in the band due to musical and personal differences. We want to thank them for their time in the band and wish them the best of luck in the future.

I get the impression that he was definitely supposed to be the new singer, and things didn't work out, so to save face, they tried to make it sound like it was always intended to be temporary. Just my impression though, as I don't have any special inside-Bollnäs-music knowledge. :)

Good to see they're finally getting the first album released outside of Europe, though.

I get the impression that he was definitely supposed to be the new singer, and things didn't work out, so to save face, they tried to make it sound like it was always intended to be temporary.

That's how it sounds to me as well. I wouldn't doubt it, because I've heard from tons of different sources that Andren is a very hard dude to work with.

Just my impression though, as I don't have any special inside-Bollnäs-music knowledge. :)

Why didn't you send your spy? THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

Frederik Bergh talks about the new Street Talk album and why he decided to give this classic AOR act another chance, plus news on the new Bloodbound album.

http://www.melodicrock.com/interviews/streettalk.html

"...currently working very hard on the recordings and writing of the forthcoming second bloodbound album. The disc will be released early next year. Probably around March/April. It will be a killer disc for sure! We have some amazing new metal tunes in the making and the biggest surprises is that we have a few new members in bloodbound since the last album. But these changes have only made the band stronger and better."