Urban Breed leaves Bloodbound

rockyracoon said:
You are a second tier vocalist, at best! Gimme a break.
Hmmm... I'd say Urban is one of the better vocalists out there. Just out of curiosity, whose on your 1st tier?

As for Bloodbound, I can't say I care a great deal. Urban was the best thing about the band. The music is Power Metal by numbers.

Zod

General Zod said:
As for Bloodbound, I can't say I care a great deal. Urban was the best thing about the band. The music is Power Metal by numbers.

This says it all... and also explains why I think Bloodbound was lame, and a waste of time for Urban anyway.

AMEN BROTHER, i only bought the CD because of URBAN, in my book he is second to only LANCE KING as a vocalist, and slightly above my third favorite Oliver Hartmann. But this is just my opinion. and i think Shaye said it perfect, to each his own. great way to put it Shaye.

Curufin said:
I'm sorry John, but your book makes me very sad. :(
:cry: :cry: :cry: hehehehehehehe well Drew, when we get to your party Friday night we will have to sit down and discuss this over a few beers and tequilas:kickass: :kickass:

Pyramaze51 said:
AMEN BROTHER, i only bought the CD because of URBAN, in my book he is second to only LANCE KING as a vocalist...
I have no problem with this statement. Lance is fantastic as well. At the level that both these guys are at, it's a pick'em.

Pyramaze51 said:
...and slightly above my third favorite Oliver Hartmann.
Given that it sounds like our tastes in vocalists are somewhat similar, I'm curious to know who Hartman sings for. His name isn't ringing any bells. And what would you consider his finest work?

Zod

General Zod said:
I have no problem with this statement. Lance is fantastic as well. At the level that both these guys are at, it's a pick'em.

Given that it sounds like our tastes in vocalists are somewhat similar, I'm curious to know who Hartman sings for. His name isn't ringing any bells. And what would you consider his finest work?

Zod
He was with AT VANCE, best of when he was with them is "Only Human".
he also sings for EMPTY TREMORS "Alien Inside" He is also a major vocalist on both 'Avantasia CDs. It is rumored he is in the running for Jorn's spot in MASTERPLAN, he would be awesome. He also has a new solo CD out, it's pretty good, i got it as soon as it cane out.:headbang:

AngraRULES said:
I hope someday people on this board will learn to separate being buddies with someone from being a fan of someone's work. Urban was really good in Tad Morose, but I thought Bloodbound sucked. He's an overall good singer, but I still haven't seen what the hype is all about. I really really hope he proves me wrong on his solo album.

Urban had fans on this board before he played at PP. I know I made several posts concerning Tad Morose before they played at PP and it was General Zod who turned me on to them in the first place. After PP, they were the darlings of the event due to their performance and TM/Urban gained more fans. I can't speak for everyone, but I am sure the majority here can and does seperate Urban's work as a vocalist and him as a friendly person. I don't think Urban and I are close enough to consider each other "buddies" but I don't think my views towards him personally has influenced how I feel about his vocal work and vice-versa.

Bryant

I have not purchased the Nosferatu CD, but loved the clips from their site. As such, if anyone would like to unload their seldom played copy perhaps in trade for something that I seldom play, let me know...

rockyracoon said:
You are a second tier vocalist, at best! Gimme a break. Damn right the solo project better be good. Pick something and stick with it...

Heh. He ceratinly wasn't "Second Tier" the night I saw him in, uh, your hometown. However, I suspect there's more to the story than we know - there usually is.

I too am excited as to the new band Urban is putting together. I've always thought that Urban is an excellent vocalist and with the line-up he's putting together, it should be very interesting to hear what they come up with.

Kim

Kim K said:
I too am excited as to the new band Urban is putting together. I've always thought that Urban is an excellent vocalist and with the line-up he's putting together, it should be very interesting to hear what they come up with.

Kim

...so we go from Urban Flight to Urban Renewal...:lol: