BLOODSHED THE DVD!!!!!

DamageInc.

Annoying drum nerd
Jul 7, 2008
Hannover, Germany
no... not really... but Ideas for it.

The Event got potential to become the greatest thing in metal of all time, and so has the DVD. but lots of bands messed up with doing metal DVDs so I thought we could try to get some Ideas together to make the greatest fuckin thing ever done.
maybee anyone from the band is reading and taking some ideas, cause in the end its up to us who good the DVD works. maybee it works... if not we actually know how to do it ourselfs :lol::lol::lol: :kickass:

so, here are my Ideas to get some good stuff.

- Moshpit cam: two or more guys with cameras on the head runnin around the moshpit and filmin from the inside

- Instrument Cam: small camera on the top of the e. g. guitar to see how they are playing. very good while soloing or just watching him do the haircopter and play.

- backstage Cam: short Interviews or statements right after every show, and camera footage of the New years eve party. maybee camera guy going in the audience, not in the moshpit just taking pictures of it, from behind or from stage.

- good cuttings: now thats very important to me. let the camera do the job. 12 cuts in 4 seconds are just making sic, thats crap. to give an example the cam from the Hatebreed DVD is very good.

and I would love to get a super heavy dvd package. like 6 DVD and stuff. all 4 concerts, complette, backstage footage, interviews, new years eve, and everything... maybee a little smaller package aswell but that gonna kick ass...

so, now add yours, comment mine, or just leave this thread drift out to nowhere :lol:

I want a horse, a yacht and a villa!

:lol:

No. Seriously. I think the guys who are gonna make the DVD know what they do. I don't believe it will be some randomly picked students with no clue about making good videos. Don't you worry, it will be great!
BUT!! The idea with domronr running through the crowd with a camera on his head made me smile :D I just don't think it will survive it in the middle of a moshpit :lol:

of course, but in the past there have been a lot dvds that really dissapoint me. so I thought we could collect some recommends to tell what we really want to see.

and they will survive, at least they did at the hatebreed DVD, thats where i got the idea from. ^^

no... not really... but Ideas for it.

The Event got potential to become the greatest thing in metal of all time, and so has the DVD. but lots of bands messed up with doing metal DVDs so I thought we could try to get some Ideas together to make the greatest fuckin thing ever done.
maybee anyone from the band is reading and taking some ideas, cause in the end its up to us who good the DVD works. maybee it works... if not we actually know how to do it ourselfs :lol::lol::lol: :kickass:
Dunno if you're aware, but the band has actually already released a massive 3 disc - five show DVD that was actually really good.

I'm assuming that this will be of the same or better visual and audio quality. I imagine there may be more cameras.
So...
Crowd shots are good, there aren't enough in dvds. At the very least everyone who was at the show will buy the dvd hoping to see themselves. But crowd shots are just fucking awesome.

In particular I'd love to see shots of the mosh from about. Should be sweet.

Most of the shots should be of things happening onstage. With regards to this, the last DVD was great. I'd love to see more footage of Fredrick, who doesn't get enough love up on the throne. Aside from that, avoid the pitfall all to many bands fall into of showing the drummer's back during the solo. Please.
Sweeping shots are epic.
Guitar cams would just be ridiculous, but some close-ups of the fretwork wouldn't hurt.
We already know that the first 4 are getting played. I imagine it'll be an unbelievable amount of work rehearsing all that material, but if they've got the time I'd love to see some of the other songs off the last two (specifically Varyags of Miklagaard and Under The Northern Star) that haven't gotten much play.
But basically there's not much that can go wrong.

They might not release this as a DVD... I read an interview recently in a French magazine and they said it would definitely be recorded but they thought is was more likely to be released as bonus footage in a future album or DVD, as they don't think they have enough money to put into the project... It's already very expensive for the band and for metalblade to organise this, luckily it's just about full up so they'll make some money I hope, but they doubt it'll be enough to make a full-blown DVD package. Cross fingers they're wrong!

I know... Such a DVD would sell thousands! No other band has ever done a concert like this, and everyone in the states and such who couldn't come would buy it, everyone at Bochum would get it too... Plus the band needs a new DVD since they made WOOOS, which is completely different from all the previous work, and this would be a perfect opportunity to cover everything... I simply wouldn't understand metalblade or the band choosing not to publish this as a full-blown DVD package, even if the production is a little "home-made". Gojira for example brought out an amazing DVD (in my opinion the best live-DVD ever) in 2004, when they still had no money and no record label... So why couldn't Amon who are with one big label and who earn a living out of their music?!

A dvd would be expensive.
You know what would be cheap?
An epic 4 disc live album.

@Seonadh: Cool edition of Twilight has a dvd with stuff from WOOOS tbh