Bloodstock '03 news.....

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
NEWS FROM http://www.BLOODSTOCK.UK.COM

HELLO

The BLOODSTOCK UK Metal Festival has extended the Heavy Metal boundaries in the UK once again by confirming the first ever UK show for Finnish superstars NIGHTWISH in August 2003. NIGHTWISH will headline the second day of the festival on Saturday 30th August. In fact this will be one of only a few concerts NIGHTWISH will be performing in 2003 as they are taking most of the year off and only playing selected key shows and festivals.

AMUST4MUSIC promoters Vince Brotheridge and Paul Gregory have stated “Bloodstock is pleased to attract such a major band for the first time, having set the precedent of premier debut appearances for Primal Fear in 2001 and Blind Guardian in 2002. The UK needs a Metal Festival, which aspires to the Heavy Metal tradition born from the 70’s onwards and keeps this style of music alive into this century and beyond! NIGHTWISH are an awesome band live combining Operatics with Power Metal, very unique but with major appeal, as can be heard with their latest no.1 European selling CD Century Child”.

NIGHTWISH will also be releasing a new DVD during 2003.

More premier acts from the world of Metal will be announced over the forthcoming months. Bloodstock 2003 will take place over 2 days on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th August. Doors will open at 6pm on the Friday night to 4 major British Metal bands, with Saturday opening at 11am for a full day with 14 bands over 2 stages and a Metal Market. Tickets (limited to 2,000) are priced at £35 (subject to booking fee) for the event, and are available now online at http://www.bloodstock.uk.com or calling 0115 9855251.

REMEMBER - BLOODSTOCK THE UK'S ONLY REAL HEAVY METAL FESTIVAL

CHEERS

VINCE

This info taken from the Powerplay Message board and has been confirmed!:headbang:

I soooooooooooooooooooooo want to go to Bloodstock! :D anyone could fucking play, man, I just need to go!

Seriously, this would be a good opportunity to check out Nightwish, uh-huh....

I think currently think the line up for the main stages should be something like this:

Friday,

Blaze (headline)
Shadow Keep
Dragonforce
Intense

Saturday

Nightwish
Children Of Bodom
Masterplan
Kamelot
White Skull
Paragon
Power Quest

I should put this thread up at the bloodstock message board but then someone will slag power metal off and I'll get into an arguement, go too far and probably end up getting banned! :lol:

Eagle, post Vince at Bloodstock mate, he may give you a job :D Anyhow when people start to slag you off for you fanatasism of Power Metal tell em that there are different styles of Power Metal so it should accomodate alot of different tastes . I'm sure Steve would agree with me .....:D;)

BLAZE! Sweet! They are incredible live! :D If the Bloodstock lineup was like Eagle said then Friday would be fine, but I'd be a bit lost on the Saturday after PQ :erk:

I have to say I am happy to see Blaze confirmed for BS03 but like Eagle I wouldn't want to see too many of those who have already played confirmed again for this year.

Eagle..... excellent choices....be brave and post it on the Bloodstock forum....we can deal with all the 'cheesy' comments from the Death metal contingent and Lagoon!!!! Take it as an exercise in self-control...it'll do you good!!!! ;)

Sean-Intense....Eagle and I have tried on a number of occasions to persuade the Death Metal contingent on the BS board that power metal assumes many guises...all of them pleasing on the ear.....however unless it's 'death rattle' vocals they are not much interested!! Their loss I guess.

Ayeka....no worries 'bout Eagle's choices...take my word for it....it would be a 'powerful' night!!! :lol: