BLOODSTOCK 2007 INDOOR

I think Firewind would be unlikely as they have recently toured with DF and they played PPUK earlier this year. As for Angra at Wacken ... that woudl be cool as I am going also.

I was all set to go to Wacken, until I found out that Maiden are doing some dates in Europe in the Summer, so I'm going to try and take in some of those instead :)

PM bands I would like to see ... Angra, Symphorce, Bloodbound, Celesty, Dark Moor ...

On top of that I really want Nevermore to play. I do think some of the above are unlikely though.

I know the team is very busy at the moment approaching a whole selection of bands! Tbh I don't mind who plays as long as the line-up gets people there. I don't tend to see alot of it these days.

Another band I'd love to see added to the bill is Heavenly. Their new album 'Virus' is the best of the year by far for me.

With Power Quest already on the bill, the addition of Dionysus, Angra and Heavenly would undoubtedly make this a bloody awesome Bloodstock.

Would be great if Angra do play Wacken as well. 90% confirmed eh? May have to pass on this news to a good friend of mine.....she won't hesitate to buy a ticket if this actually happens!!

Would be great if Angra do play Wacken as well. 90% confirmed eh? May have to pass on this news to a good friend of mine.....she won't hesitate to buy a ticket if this actually happens!!

Yup, heard it from a mate. I had assumed it anyway, seeing as they'll be doing the festival circuit after the release of the new album.

It was Wacken 2004 .. when he came out and sang with Doro ... Fear of the Dark and The Trooper as well as Man On The Edge.
And? Doro's done "Breaking the law" with Udo too, and neither were invovled with the original in any way. I don't have a problem with that at all. Were it a Blaze show, it might be a bit different, but I've never seen Blaze play any Dickinson or DiAnno era material at any of his own shows. Personally, I think he puts on a great live show (even if he looks a knob in his woolly hat), and I'd love to see his grace a Bloodstock stage again. Sadly, I seem to be in a minority, though :-(

Hi Tet .... I know you like Blaze. One of the few areas where our tastes differ! It may happen ... someone here mentioned a contracted appearance??

As for Angra ... I think so for the BS regulars IF there was a very strong line up across the piece ... I don't think it is going to happen though anyway ...

Yarr blaze is guaranteed at least one more appearance as they were one of the bands at the first bloodstock who like helped get the ball rolling or something so they were told they could do it at least 3 times and have done it twice or something along along those lines :lol:

I'm not a fan of Blaze at all, he single handedly turned Maiden mortal for the entire period he was in the band, but now Bruce is back and they're God's again :)

Some great songs came out of the Blaze period, but Bruce owns him on them in every way :)

I'm not a fan of Blaze at all, he single handedly turned Maiden mortal for the entire period he was in the band

It's so easy to blame Blaze for Maiden's lacklustre during that period. Also, that's a bit of a childish reason to dislike Blaze; you believe he is responsilble for turning "Maiden mortal." I respect your decision, but I would find it more agreeable if you based your decision on some of the outstanding heavy metal that is his own solo project. If you listen to Silicon Messiah, Tenth Dimension and Blood and Belief, and still are not a fan (based on the music) then that's fine, but to slate a guy off just because he was in the shadow of Bruce for a while is nonsense.

It's so easy to blame Blaze for Maiden's lacklustre during that period. Also, that's a bit of a childish reason to dislike Blaze; you believe he is responsilble for turning "Maiden mortal." I respect your decision, but I would find it more agreeable if you based your decision on some of the outstanding heavy metal that is his own solo project. If you listen to Silicon Messiah, Tenth Dimension and Blood and Belief, and still are not a fan (based on the music) then that's fine, but to slate a guy off just because he was in the shadow of Bruce for a while is nonsense.

Yeah that was a bit narrow minded of me to be fair.

Maiden are my favourite band, always have been, always will be, and Maiden is'nt Maiden without Bruce. I can respect Blaze as a vocalist, but he was in no way right for Maiden (especially when you think that Edu from Angra missed out)..

I quite like some Wolfsbane songs, and my mate is a Blaze OBSESSIVE so he's always getting me listen to his more recent solo stuff, which is ok.. But with Maiden, he was just so out of place.

The only two Maiden albums that I don't enjoy listening to are X-Factor and Virtual XI, his voice is irritating, but I will admit the songwriting was'nt up to scratch. But the gems that did come out of it, Bruce absolutely ownes Blaze :headbang:

I will start off by saying that i'm quite quite paranoid about many things, so it's probably best to just ignore me. But i can't shake the idea that Maiden choosing Blaze as their vocalist was somehow a huge conspiracy of some kind :lol:

Onto something else now! Watched this video yesterday and i was quite shocked at Blaze's performance on this song... I really think he did extraordinarily well and i'm a huge fan of him anyway though i can admit that he does have times when he's not so great, but that's pretty much his time in maiden, when they played live he really couldn't do so well on it but then that would be because he'd never toured on anything near that scale before so i'm sure it was all quite a strain to him.

Anyway, video: Doro feat. Blaze Bayley - Fear of the Dark (Live at Wacken)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was some interesting Orchestration, cheers Chris :p Yeah, he can still sing. Just waiting on that new album... wasn't it due end of 2005? :lol:

Rory: Aye mate sorry to rant at you; all is forgiven :D