Bloodstock Headliners

dragonmaiden

Lady of the Vale Forlorn
Sep 9, 2002
Hartlepool, UK
Visit site
No one seems to have mentioned it here yet! Children of Bodom are headlining Bloodstock this year! I'm not a great fan but it seems to have made alot of people happy over on the BS forum!

I am happy about the following though...which was in an e-mail Vince sent to RockSoc members yesterday!

"They will be joined on the Saturday by fellow countrymen SONATA ARCTICA for their first ever UK show, and from the UK THRESHOLD, will be promoting their new CD and Live CD/DVD, in the special guest slot on Friday 3rd September."

I am a happy dragon!! :D BTW has anyone got the Threshold CD/DVD yet? I was thinking of investing next month when I have a few more pennies!

i think the vocals put alot of people off CoB i know it put me off to begin with but after givin it a bit of time i know love em if u havent heard them before i would recommend gettin hold of Hatecrew Deathrole as its what they will base alot of there set on this album, Sonata & Threshold are both great additions to what looks like an excellent bill this year.

Cob are about as heavy or extreme as I go. I've seen them once and they did a good show. It's not my fave vocal style but it's adequate. I like cob. My only concern is that this year's fest will now be swamped with nu metal moshing kerrang reading youths. But if that's the case I may well enter the mosh and see how many kids I can hospitalize. Now that would be metal:)

what i've heard of cob is great, but haven't heard anything from any of the other bands on the bill so far. not sure if i'll be going this year anyway, due to finances

Eagle said:
But if that's the case I may well enter the mosh and see how many kids I can hospitalize. Now that would be metal:)
I'll happily join you in that! :D fucking hate gromits...

I soooooooooooooo badly need to go to Bloodstock this year. I was so pissed at missing last year's, damn my stupid poser friends! :mad:

I love 'em really :saint:

I like what I've heard of COB. Follow The Reaper is one bad ass album. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in hearing some heavy, catchy as hell riffs!!!

Wish I could see that show. . . . . but I live in America where it sucks all the time for metalheads into the underground scene. Eagle, hurt one of those little nu-metal bastards for me dude!!!!!!! :headbang:

I bought Hate Crew Deathroll & Hatebreeder on the strength of CoB headlining Bloodstock, 1st impressions are the Music in good & heavy but I'm not keen on the Vocals, just a bit to thrashy for me really.

Children of bodom are decent band...i could have thought of many more bands to my prefered tastes i'd rather have headlining but it'l still be good to see them live!
As for Sonata Arctica well they are a great band....and If you have seen any of my other posts you will know what I tihnk of Threshold!!! :p (fucking OWN)
Can't wait to get the new dvd..!
Anyways anyone else think that to make bloodstock perfect we need destruction or annihlation???
Any of them would make it for me!!!

Thrash til Death
\m/\m/

Oh and if there is any local wannabe moshers there then i tihnk loads of the proper metalheads should create a mad mosh pit around the little wannabes and see how they enjoy that! And if there is any of them who are just standing there behind the pit then push the fuckers into it and wreak some havoc!