BLUE CAFE Friday, June 2 - Last Local Show Until Mid July!

Puckfiend said:
I'm hoping for The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner

That would be great, but if it's something from 1986, how about something even the genuine atricle haven't played live. Of course I mean, Alexander the Great.

To bed at 5:00 up at 1:00 in the afternoon....:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

More later the new song is...

Wasting Love.

Biggest mishap during Powerslave Wanda forgot where to be on that little stage and got a direct hit in the back from the Co2. :yow:

She didn't miss a note :headbang: :kickass: and the back of ther hair was iced up for a little bit.

Great venue. Nice to meet briefly Puckfiend and Lady Puckfiend.

Jim

spideyjg said:
To bed at 5:00 up at 1:00 in the afternoon....:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

More later the new song is...

Wasting Love.

EEEEK lol. But im sure they play it as good as possible.

Id love to hear something from DOD or BNW. Pachendale or DOD would be amazing. But hey thats just me

ironmaidenfan09 said:
EEEEK lol. But im sure they play it as good as possible.

Id love to hear something from DOD or BNW. Pachendale or DOD would be amazing. But hey thats just me

I just listened to a few Maiden versions of Wasting Love, did the MaidenS play it as good as possible? Nah, try alot better. I'm sure that I must have heard that song before, but it never hit a chord with me, cuz I don't remember it. I tell you it left an impression last night though!

Definitely agree on Pachendale, the MaidenS do that song really well. Too bad they didn't play it.

For me the highlight of the show was ROTAM, I really felt that they knocked that one out of the park last night

neal00 said:
Definitely agree on Pachendale, the MaidenS do that song really well. Too bad they didn't play it.

For me the highlight of the show was ROTAM, I really felt that they knocked that one out of the park last night

We all have a great time playing Rime! It seems to go by so fast for the long song it is. We've never played Pachendale yet :cool: though I'd very much love to. We need the assistance of Michael Kenney to do that one though and he is busy busy busy with the real Maiden Men to grace our stage through most of the rest of the year. We've done Seventh Son and I'm wondering if that's what you were thinking about? Thanks for coming to Long Beach! :)

neal00 said:
I just listened to a few Maiden versions of Wasting Love, did the MaidenS play it as good as possible? Nah, try alot better. I'm sure that I must have heard that song before, but it never hit a chord with me, cuz I don't remember it. I tell you it left an impression last night though!
Thanks neal. For me, personally, I find the lyric to be profoundly meaningful. It's the greatest compliment in the world to hear that it left an impression - it means we succeeded in conveying the feeling. And that's what it's all about, eh? :headbang:

Oops!, Linda, I thought that you had played Pachendale, my bad. Although I really like Maiden alot sometimes I get some of the songs mixed up. Oh well, just one more to look forward to, I know that when you do you'll tear it up!

Aja, I was thinking that maybe one of the reasons that I like your version better is that, at least on this song for sure, your a better balladeer in the slow sections.

Air Raid Siren said:
I think you'll all be surprised by this one.......:devil:
MiniMurray said:
i know i was! :err:

Well well, I see why you said we'd be surprised. Yup, I sure was. It was interesting to see the fan reaction to that song. That is, the song is very mellow (in Maiden terms), and not an adrenalin pumping kick ass fire me up type of song. Consequently, fan reaction was very mellow as well. Nonetheless, I thought Aja did an incredible job singing that. As I recall, everybody applauded, including yours truely :)

Red Shirt said:
Well well, I see why you said we'd be surprised. Yup, I sure was. It was interesting to see the fan reaction to that song. That is, the song is very mellow (in Maiden terms), and not an adrenalin pumping kick ass fire me up type of song. Consequently, fan reaction was very mellow as well. Nonetheless, I thought Aja did an incredible job singing that. As I recall, everybody applauded, including yours truely :)

Okay, well just wait for the Paladino's show in July!! We've got another suprise song for y'all then! :headbang: This is gonna be a fun one! :Smokin: I can't wait!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Okay, well just wait for the Paladino's show in July!! We've got another suprise song for y'all then! :headbang: This is gonna be a fun one! :Smokin: I can't wait!

This is the 15th right? It can't be the 21st unless The Little Dolls are opening for the MaidenS and it better not be the 22nd either because I'll be out of state that weekend. Except for the first two, I've never missed a MaidenS show at Paladino's AND I DON'T WANT TO START NOW!

neal00 said:
Aja, I was thinking that maybe one of the reasons that I like your version better is that, at least on this song for sure, your a better balladeer in the slow sections.
:oops: Thanks neal.
That's one of the reasons I wanted to sing this song (aside from the lyric). As a singer, a ballad is where you really get a chance to express yourself and stretch, imo.
RedShirt said:
Well well, I see why you said we'd be surprised. Yup, I sure was. It was interesting to see the fan reaction to that song. That is, the song is very mellow (in Maiden terms), and not an adrenalin pumping kick ass fire me up type of song.
It seemed to catch people a little off guard, huh? I'm glad you liked it. It's nice to mix up the vibe every once in a while! :devil: What did your friend think of the show?

My first post here, just wanted to say that was a "KILLER" show on Friday!!!
Thanks for the show, all my friends that came with me were blown away as well!!

Hopefully we'll see ya soon.

Up the irons!