Blue mics

Mr. Brokenamp

Mar 3, 2006
Pennsylvania USA
www.myspace.com
Has anyone here tried any of these? not the ball mics. I mean models such as the blue bird, baby bottle, mouse, woodpecker, dragonfly...

I'm leaning towards buying an AKG C414 XLSII, for room micing, mainly because of the multiple patterns but I thought maybe I should research the better blue mics first.

Has anyone here tried any of these? not the ball mics. I mean models such as the blue bird, baby bottle, mouse, woodpecker, dragonfly...

I'm leaning towards buying an AKG C414 XLSII, for room micing, mainly because of the multiple patterns but I thought maybe I should research the better blue mics first.

I like the Blue Dragonfly Condenser mic in my Torpedo VB-101 (hardware cab/mic/miking/post FX sim unit) for my guitar tones. Works well with my setup and for the guitar tone i'm aiming for. Never heard about those mics before i got the Torpedo though.

You can hear some samples of my clips (i know i don't own the real mic but the Torpedo is supposed to sound very close to the real mics) here :

http://www.netmusicians.org/?section=mic&value=Blue Dragonfly condenser (hardware sim)

Also IIRR it's also been IR-ed among the Red Wirez impulses collection.

Curious to hear samples/feedback from other Sneapsters about this mic though.