Blues

you know, I think I have too much disrespect for Albert King to ever be interested in his music, probably would have been better if the first things I heard from him were not arrogant comments about better younger blues players. Tell me that was just a bad first impression and that he's really a decent person.

Another strong blues album to check out is "The Jimmy Reed Highway" Jimmie Vaughn, Omar Sykes Kent and female vocals by the kick-ass honey Lou Ann Barton. Got that "less is more" feel to it. Slow and groovin' blues.

I've never been able to get into straight-up blues. I hate listening to the same chord progression over and over and over again. Of course, I'm probably missing the point of the music, but I find it really insulting to my intelligence to have no variation in the chords whatsoever.

Of course, there's a lot of blues-rock that I love, even though it often uses the "1-1-4-1-5-4-1" pattern - but the blues-rock bands I listen to generally don't rely solely on that progression.

I've never been able to get into straight-up blues. I hate listening to the same chord progression over and over and over again. Of course, I'm probably missing the point of the music, but I find it really insulting to my intelligence to have no variation in the chords whatsoever.

Of course, there's a lot of blues-rock that I love, even though it often uses the "1-1-4-1-5-4-1" pattern - but the blues-rock bands I listen to generally don't rely solely on that progression.

Now stick around and post in here more!

i dig the blues. its probably eric burdon, crea and the rolling stones who got me interested then i researched all the artists the liked to cover.

btw everyone blues lover must get eric burdon's 2 newer albums "my secret life" and "soul of a man"