board members and Anthrax, I apologize

metal_thrashing_kansan

guitarchitect
Dec 6, 2005
midwest
"Lord, I apologize....."
Ok here is the deal, I know I have totally be talking up going to see THE band (Anthrax) in Lawrence for the last, well, MONTH. But, shamefully, I cannot go.
Why? Ok, its like this. My wifes grandpa (who had diabetes, was on kidney dialysis, and was 83) died today (friday) and well, we are involved in funeral arrangements, and she asked me to stay. She was raised by her grandparents, and he was the last one (her grandmom passed on 3 years ago). So, in respects to her and family, I must regretfully not go. And trust me, I tried EVERYTHING to try to find a way to go!! :erk:

Why would you feel the need to apologize for that? Things happen all the time that are beyond our control. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's loss. I hope she will be ok.

Family comes first, no matter what. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but no need to apologize. You need to be with your wife. Anthrax and the rest of us we'll still be here for you when you come back. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
"Lord, I apologize....."
And trust me, I tried EVERYTHING to try to find a way to go!! :erk:

That was kinda meant more as a off the cuff joke to lighten the mood. She knows what the show meant for me, but I know what SHE means to me and her family. Of course I agreed to stay, right off the bat.