Boats n hoes!

Josh!! AHFW's new album will be absolutely amazinggggg.
Idk if you know me, I'm in the Howell area. I run Grape Studio haha.

Anyways, I think the guitars could some more work. Idk what it is, they just feel like they're lacking something... Maybe more low-mids?? More presence?? I'm just not sure.

and I choose v1.5
<33333333333

Great mix, sir. 1.5 is the version I choose.

Sorry for the Off topic..but what RMS did you master the We Came As Romans album at, Joey? That seemed pretty damn loud too.

this shit is sick!! sounds huge across my monitors.

how did you do the guitars? 2 different tracks per guitar, hard panned on their own side?

My only qualm with any of those mixes...and really has nothing to do with the mixing at all, is the vocalist needs better diction...I cant understand what he is singing...some parts better than others but its just a little difficult to understand imo....other than that great job!!! Sounds bad ass!:headbang:

Great mix, sir. 1.5 is the version I choose.

Sorry for the Off topic..but what RMS did you master the We Came As Romans album at, Joey? That seemed pretty damn loud too.

-9 average some parts are retarded loud because there's like layers of instruments performing same or different parts, so in other words, its really dense

but some parts aren't as dense, so you've gotta come to a happy balance between the non dense and dense parts by maximizing loudness throughout the record, which most of that is taken care of in mixing, but not always because RMS volume is relative and subjective to output volume

at any rate, josh's mix is just drums, guitars, bass, and screaming, and its too loud in my opinion. i mean, im trying to combat the loudness war at least a little bit by kicking it down a notch when i notice im evaporating the fucking headroom to shit.

Yea I'm trying to compete with that Oceano album and that shit hits like -8rms. I tried bringing the volume down a bit but I don't want the album sounding weak in comparison. Damn you Joey!!

Thanks for the tips though....

Sounds good josh! Are the overheads panned to audience perspective on purpose?

Yes, when i mix i feel like I'm watching the band. My goal mixing is....I want you to feel like your watching the band as well. I know most drummers hate it because they cant air drum to it. :Smug:

You cant please everyone!

this shit is sick!! sounds huge across my monitors.

how did you do the guitars? 2 different tracks per guitar, hard panned on their own side?

Just 2 guitar tracks total. I used dual amps in pod farm and ran one Mesa with a screamer and one without. Kinda creating the quad tracked feel......Kinda. Then i used ssl comp on the buss for a little color. Its really never even compressing except on some really heavy chugs. Then I eq each guitar a bit and waves s1 on the buss as well, thats about it.

good job wickman,
interesting making a dual patch with/without screamer. i´ll try that method soon.:)
what settings do you use in ssl comp to color the sound? i have curiosity...

again, great work. i like the band too.

I just used the plugin because it adds a little color to the sound. The settings are slow attack and med release with a 2-1 ratio. I would have to pull up the session to look but again, I'm not really using the ssl comp more for a sound.

thanks for the info wickman.
if you can to see the ssl comp settings it would be awesome. i´d like to play with.

and, it´s normal to insert s1 with subtle preset (i turn up shuffle knob to 1.8 or 2.0) and not perceive a lot difference?

thanks again