Bodom as headliners

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Has Children of Bodom played many gigs as headliners? And by this I mean around 90 minutes or more of material. It seems like they've always played around 50 min or less either as a support act or in festivals. Id shit if they ever recorded like a double live album in the future with both discs packed to the brim with material.

Also, my show review of the Iced Earth, Bodom, Evergrey show will be up this Monday on www.metalreviews.com I met all the dudes and got all my shit signed without being a buggin douche about it. It was kinda funny, when Janne was signing the Beyond Abilities album Henkka asked him what it was and he didnt even know Janne had solo cds out! He asked me if it was ok to look through it and while he was leafing through the pages him and Janne started talking in Finnish. Also, Janne said that he's planning on recording another Warmen cd this summer. Hoohah!

Ben

When they play as headliners do they bust out with alot of old material? Dont get me wrong I loved their set at the show in Austin but my first Bodom cd was Something Wild, I would have cried prolly if I had heard something off it.

Ben

Fenrir13 said:
Well, they headline Europe when they play it seems. As for the US, one of the things I asked Alexi in the interview was about a US headlining tour; he said he'd like to open up a couple more times first, in the US.

Yes stay in the US CoB :) Damn, i cant wait for the day that a Bodom headliner show comes this way. they have just the perfect music to listen to live, i love it :)

Hmm..I havn't seen any European setlists around. I'll have to search for some of them. Something Wild from what i have read hasn't been touched too much since about 2003, and yeah, when they were headlining. I'd go insane, though, if I heard "Touch Like Angel of Death" live-the first Bodom song I ever heard about 6 years ago(I hadn't bought anything till after that though; and i didn't even hear much more till after that; but i will never, ever, forget hearing those opening licks for the first time back then!) I might be able to find out, though.

Daybreaker said:
Has Children of Bodom played many gigs as headliners? And by this I mean around 90 minutes or more of material. It seems like they've always played around 50 min or less either as a support act or in festivals. Id shit if they ever recorded like a double live album in the future with both discs packed to the brim with material.
The setlist of their last European tour and much information about that tour can be found here.

Your question about a new live album of COB gets answered here

And you can be sure that COB won't play more than two songs from Something Wild (Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom) anymore since they don't like the other songs of that album very much anymore and Henkka told me that they get pretty bored to play these two songs over and over again since 1997.