Bodom better without keyboards?

The keyboards are what make the songs that more interesting! It adds a melody over the riffs being played and adds another character to the song. Without the keyboards, Bodom wouldn't sound as amazing as they are

goth_fiend said:
and just to make sure were all clear, bodom has Never been black metal, in anyway shape or form, that simple, alexi used some black metal vocals on something wild and hatebreeder, but his style has changed over the years (not sure if its been for the better or worse, NOTE I SAID VOCALLY, and not the entire band)

So you think there's anything off black metal in Something Wild other than his voice? :err:

Some heavy/trash/death/black bands sound like a desert without water because there's no keyboard, the music is so dry and arid, you know. Keyboard vigorizes the music and creates atmosphere. I think that's more important than playing around with it like a child on a piano.

Can't imagine what Bed of razors, Chokehold, Towards Dead End, Lake bodom etc, would be like without keyboards..

-Gavin- said:
Whaddya mean there is no melody in TLAS?

Right guys, if you're not a musician.. you have NO right to comment.

If you're American... you can fuck off n'all too.
hahahaha
i knew there was a reason i still read this board
thanks for making my day Gavin, hahaha, the world needs more scots like you.

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
I think you forgot to mention SW ;). Something Wild is kinda.... My Bible. It was when they were still black fucking metal.

they have never been black metal... a bit takatakatakataka drums and staccato-guitar don't make a black metal song

I'd just like to know why the fuck ppl continue labeling metal bands 'this is 666 metal' 'this is poser metal' 'this is gay metal' 'this is fat metal'...that way you'd have 'children of bodom metal', which is a far wiser division

but there is gay metal.

as long as powemetal lives, there is gay metal :p

Corny said:
they have never been black metal... a bit takatakatakataka drums and staccato-guitar don't make a black metal song

Hm right but IMO SW is really black metal influenced. I've already discussed this with ppl who didnt share my opinion... CoB has never been a so called "black metal band" but you can't deny they wrote a bit of. And about the drums, not only "takatakatakatakata" looks like black metal but Jaska's playing style was close.
Well hard to explain I miss some words, I hope I'll be understood.

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
Hm right but IMO SW is really black metal influenced. I've already discussed this with ppl who didnt share my opinion... CoB has never been a so called "black metal band" but you can't deny they wrote a bit of. And about the drums, not only "takatakatakatakata" looks like black metal but Jaska's playing style was close.
Well hard to explain I miss some words, I hope I'll be understood.

yes, you are. :D Indeed, they used some BM trademarks... that's all. :)