Bodom Fan Covers

gkelter

Trashed, Lost & Strungout
Mar 3, 2004
East Stroudsburg, PA
Scythes of Bodom no longer hosts any bodom fan covers so I thought we could start posting them here. 'I've Been Bodomized' and I just recorded a cover of Towards Dead End. Here it is.

http://girg.no-ip.com/tde.mp3
RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE 'SAVE AS...' PLEASE. If you left-click and stream it my internet connection will be fucking slower than dial-up. Thanks a lot!

If you guys wanna post covers I can most likely host them for you, too. Just keep 'em .mp3 format please. Thanks.

Awesome shit man!

Nah, that was our first recording together EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr...
(Recorded at 4 in the morning, :headbang: drinking some good ol' Yuengling lager :Spin: )

I'm obviously not that good, so don't be dissapointed that the rhythm didn't keep up with the lead. *shrugs* We will rerecord everything later. Just experimenting with some shit.

Tell us what you think. We will probably be covering silent night bodom night and every time i die.. Maybe tommorow.. If we wake up before I have to go to classes.. I'm already skipping my 12... God I've been to that fucking class like 5 times when it's 3 times a week for the past 5 months.. That fucking sucks *bangs head on desk* Oh well. It's only related to my major and all.

Downloading this song now.. Sounds ok to me.. You could add some vol to the lead guitar, it's kinda low. then it would be great.. and that rhythm is a bit off as you said. Keep up good work.

Well, I can always just open the project and turn up the lead guitar and stuff, but we'll probably just re-record it. First we're gonna record some other songs that we'll most likely post... but anyway, yea, it was kinda late and all so we weren't exactly attempting to win a talent show with it. Thanks for the comment.

Your ravenous solo is fucking amazing, and it's not your internet that's being slow. My max upload speed is like 30 kb or something slow like that.

We just finished a cover of Silent Night, Bodom Night. Matt went to class but when he gets back we're gonna do Everytime I Die, Bed of Razors, Warheart, Downfall, possibly Hatebreeder, possibly Kissing the Shadows, and I guess we'll see what else. Perhaps Bodom Beach Terror and Chokehold. Who knows. We'll see. Anybody else have any covers they want posted? Let me know.

yea Friday, those are impressive clips. I really fucking liked the Ravenous solo, the shredding was awesome. Loved the slow part too. I already loved that song because of the solo, and you captured i perfectly. Nice job.

Yeah, because covers are cool? Recording or spending more then a hour recording a bodom song is kinda lame. Cheers to you if you can play it, i just think talent is better presented playing something you wrote. This doesnt include learning CoB songs, learn as many as you can, they are great fun to play. But if your recording a whole CoB Cover cd like kelter, then your probably gonna need to buy a life on ebay, its about 1.23 with shipping.

Recording covers are cool if you're doing something special.

Like my band is doing 4 covers for fun, and they're all gonna be so different from the originals, like with keyboards and stuff.

Covers are just fun to play. Nobody is out to win an award or prove something, I actually liked listening to some covers back on scythes-of-bodom.

All of the songs we play Greg improvised and just picked up from ear, if anything I looked at some tabs for a base and we changed it to fit around his. So there was no hours spent learning the song, and it's just for fun. You should hear some of the shit he writes.. It's fucking insane. But yea.. let people have their fun, he improvises solos and change around the songs to better suit us.

Why is that a problem?

The Leper:

Matt and I spend a maximum of 10 minutes per song. I don't sit down and learn these fucking songs. I play what I know already from listening by ear and then I improvise whatever I don't pick up right away. As you might know from the scythes-of-bodom forum way back, people were fucking pissed when they took off the fan covers so apparently some people like them.

If you don't like them, nobody is forcing you to come listen to them. If someone does like them, they have the option of hearing them. That's all there is to it.

I never said "dont do covers" i like listening to them. But add something like gavin is doing. Do a bodom cover acousticly. That would probably sound nice. kelter and bodomized its not a problem and im not doubting you guys are excellent musicians... Im actually going to do a opeth cover, to bid you farewell, i understand how much fun it is to record them and listen to them but getting out of control and recording a whole cd to me is pointless.