Bogner Uberschall Revision Blue

Simon Dorn

Jun 24, 2012
www.thy-final-pain.com
Hi there! As you all know, when GAS strikes back from time to time you are going to buy something... In my case it recently was a Bogner Uberschall revision blue. Which i tested and compared to my go to Modded Marshall 2203KK. There's no EQ on the guitars. Guitars are probably a bit to dark as they are at the moment....I used the Ozone Maximizer on the Master bus and normalized the volume in the video program.I won't tell you which one is which. Please leave a comment which one you like more and why and tell me what you think. Best Regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the second one better. I thought it sat in the mix more to my liking.

Favorite part was the explanation of the dogs signal chain…..

So which is which? I'm thinking maybe the second was the Marshall, but I'm not sure. not a huge difference really though.

You are right. The second was the Marshall. With a bit less mids than the Bogner. When i tested the Bogner, with my MF280 (prefered it over my Mesa Rectifier412, which i sold) after it arrived it went kinda: ok, cool...with the Ts9: awesome....probably a keeper...found a few cool settings, that i liked...all good until i plugged in my KK, which is insane :) The Bogner kinda falls apart at high volume, unlike the Marshall, which stays tight with an incredible punch but it is quite over the top. The Bogner is great in a more "musical" kind of way and a really good amp nonetheless. Just my findings...

liked the first one a bit better and it turned to be the bogner down the road, and I guessed it right, huh...both amps sound great imo.

Prefer the second one too.
I wish I hadn't seen the results before listening.
The Marshall sounds like Slayer so no surprises there.
The MF280 sounds great.
I have an MF400 an am not a fan of the mids so this test makes me want to flip the K100s for V30s.

I like the first because it is thicker....OR>>>>> The 2nd one is thinner..

But I would like to hear the same comparison with more volume on #2 or with a bump in the low mids.

Either way Simon your recordings sound great!!