Uberschall questions

you just have to install the skins, it's just one ampsim but you can change the values with the building suite,
that way you're able to recreate sounds of different amps, all the data that changes these values to create
"new" amps are included in the skins, just install them, not sure how this works, but it's cool :D

You can also try LeXtac from Lepou, it's a Bogner XTC but sounds really cool, TSE X40's Beta sounds abit like
a Recto mixed with a 5150, that's pretty cool, too, just get yourself as much softsims as possible ;)
You could also try to match eq them (see Clark Kent's tutiroal) to get in the same vein, works pretty well.

I've been messing with the CK EQ idea the past few days and it's pretty cool. Interface-less at the moment so I'm just going line in to the computer, but still it's not half bad. Also having to use garageband so with ozone le456 there's a bit of latency. Won't cure the gas for an uberschall but it's getting me by pretty well. Once I get my mbox pro and PT10 I'll be pretty happy.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

I've been messing with the CK EQ idea the past few days and it's pretty cool. Interface-less at the moment so I'm just going line in to the computer, but still it's not half bad. Also having to use garageband so with ozone le456 there's a bit of latency. Won't cure the gas for an uberschall but it's getting me by pretty well. Once I get my mbox pro and PT10 I'll be pretty happy.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Dude, look into getting a real interface. Line In to computer will give latency. I used to do that a LOT back when I first started recording my own demo stuff.

Sorry jkkkjkhk, I know this post will not concern you being as you are on a MAC, but for the benefit of other readers I expand a little on what StefTD said, and answer your question directly about the skins and installing them.

Head case creates JPG images. It stores the entire makup of a head in them. On the builder, which is the program used to design the heads, there is a button under file operations that says 'Make' on it. When you click it, head case builder takes all the settings, custom curves, knobs, and skin. It then places them all inside a JPG file that is a screen shot of the head. To install that head, you simply drag and drop the image to the install head icon and the head is then made available for use within head case.

This is an example of one. If you were to drag and drop this image on the install head icon, it would be installed and ready for use. In essence you are placing it in the head case..

QUARTER%20II-1.Freud.Jpg

This mechanism allows you to share your creations in a more descriptive way than by using a zip alone.

Dude, look into getting a real interface. Line In to computer will give latency. I used to do that a LOT back when I first started recording my own demo stuff.

oh definitely, I'm only doing it at the moment cause I sold my last interface. I've been researching what interface to get and it's been between the duet 2 and mbox 3 pro, but I'm going with the mbox. PT10 full, 4 inputs, firewire... it'll just suit me better. Only reason I don't have a cheap interface is cause I don't want to waste money on something I'll just be replacing soon enough, rather save and wait.
That along with a JP12-7 and I'll be living in a dream.:headbang: