Bonus Tracks / Upcoming Gigs

well shit you know you got fans everywhere here to buy your merch. I seriously think a US tour could be succesful, see if Arise is at all interested in that. Catching an opening slot act with another band.

Yeah Final Vision is right. Just make sure you book a kick ass show at the Palladium in Worcester Massachusetts. Bring whatever the hell you got too, from t-shirts to stickters, and shot glasses to lighters... bring it all and I'm buying it. Especially with this shitty job that I hope to be leaving. Bastards.

Not to sound too obvious but I think CoB could handle a headlining slot with their next album, their last two trips were incredibly succesful. I definitly think Skyfire could hop on as an opener for that tour.

I agree with Final Vision but I also agree with v02094809rjdklsfjkjdhs they could both take Kalmah with em too.

Skyfire with Kalmah and Bodom? Couldn't happen. It's too good to actually exist. If it did happen, the world would implode.

Nah, seriously, it would be really fucking sweet for Skyfire to get in there with Bodom, and definately possible. I've seen Skyfire references made more and more often recently, you guys are getting your name out there. And yeah, I do often see Skyfire as a result of being compared to Children of Bodom, but people do recognize the name and people do realize how much different Spectral sounds from anything Bodom has produced. Besides, how do you think Norther got their name out? By being a Bodom clone.

So yeah, if there is any way to fight for a spot on a tour like that, it's not only very possible but you'd get your name out even more. You get that taken care of, and I'll be on beer detail.

But Skyfire has never really sounded anything like CoB other than the obvious facts they're Scandinavian and they play melodic death with keyboard. Their keyboard use is completely more atmospheric and they have prog elements as opposed to straight ahead metal songs like CoB. Even since TD Skyfire really never felt like power metal with black metal vocals, CoB has always been like that.

Norther on the other hand were dead on clones, right with dueling guitar keyboard solos and a skinny blonde lead singer guy who plays lead guitar.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm just saying the way other people think, and I honestly have no idea why so many people do think that way.

Actually, now that I think of it, it might be because everyone's always in that "melodeath is oversaturated" mode, because, well, it is. But everyone's so into labeling bands either In Flames clones or Bodom clones, without actually considering the possibility of a band just maybe could be original. And then it becomes a matter of ego and elitism, because once one person says that, everyone else has to agree because it's more elitist to call a band bad or unoriginal than it is to admit they're good. So it keeps spreading like that, and now when people hear about Skyfire, they hear about them from someone who heard about them from someone else, continuing the "Bodom clone" chain. Except now finally enough people are listening to them that there are enough to speak out against the false Bodomclonness.

Sorry, I'm in a weird mood :D

Final_Vision said:
Not to sound too obvious but I think CoB could handle a headlining slot with their next album, their last two trips were incredibly succesful. I definitly think Skyfire could hop on as an opener for that tour.

I agree. I would love to see that happen. I wouldn't miss a Skyfire show. You guys should definitely make it to the U.S. sometime soon.