bonus

Well, I have SCOURED the internet and all I could find was 1. Swampsong has a bonus track called "Suodeth". Does anyone know what the bonus track is for the other 2 albums?

The reason why Japanese CD's always have bonus tracks:

Most CD's are realeased in the US or Europe before Japan. Because of this, most Japanese people would just buy Imports, resulting in bad CD sales in Japan (since every already owned the CD before it even hit the shelves in Japan). So by giving Japanese CD's a bonus track, it makes people want to wait for the Japan CD rather than importing it earlier.

It's a shame for all the other countries, because the rest of the world wants a bonus song on their CD releases!

i always thought this was cos in asia CDs cost a lot more than in europe or in the US, so people get offered something more special than the regular version :confused:

drkluscious said:
Most CD's are realeased in the US or Europe before Japan. Because of this, most Japanese people would just buy Imports, resulting in bad CD sales in Japan (since every already owned the CD before it even hit the shelves in Japan). So by giving Japanese CD's a bonus track, it makes people want to wait for the Japan CD rather than importing it earlier.
does it matter where you sell your CDs as long as you sell them? when there are no sales-figures in japan then there would be more sales in europe or US but the number of sold CDs would be the same; so I don't think this can be the reason.

hm, but then I'm not into economics; I might be totally wrong :Spin:

Most Japanese releases have bonus tracks mainly because it's in distribution deals to have them because of all the above reasons. And about albums selling: If none sold in Japan, the band would have no tour support there. Why do you think it's been a while since a band played Alaska or parts of Africa?

opacity said:
i always thought this was cos in asia CDs cost a lot more than in europe or in the US, so people get offered something more special than the regular version :confused:

Yeah I always thought it was for that reason also...example ; Wages Of Sin was released like 8 months before Europe and North America. But yeah..they had a record deal problem....But FACT ; every japanese CD with its bonus track(s) is released almost at the same time as european...and 2 years later in America hehe :loco:

Vezi Doroga is awesome!

Anyway as said the bonus songs are:

Swamplord - 09 - The Blind Leader (also in They Will Return as song 07)
Swamplord - 10 - Vezi Doroga

They Will Return - 09 - Skin O' My Teeth (Megadeath cover)

Swampsong - 10 - Suodeth

opacity said:

Last time I checked, CDs cost a lot more here in Norway than they did in Japan. But who's ever heard of a Norwegian bonus track? I sure haven't. And no one even bothers tourning here either.