Hey Steve, question about bonus tracks...

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
Does Power Quest play any bonus tracks live? If not, why is that? I was looking through my CDs and realized that none of the bands play their bonus tracks live ever. Is it just something that bonus tracks are just for the studio? I find it odd that despite the bonus tracks being on certain releases of an album, most people will hear the songs anyway and the band still won't play them, despite them sometimes being the best track on the album.

Why would a band play a bonus track live over other more popular tracks? A band has to be really selective with their setlist, since you often only get 90 minutes or less (unless you are Manowar)

If the bonus happens to also be a fan favourite then I'm sure they would. But rarely is this the case since bonus tracks will only appear in certain regions and so not all the fans are going to know it.

Plus, usually (but not always) bonus tracks are one of the weaker tracks on the album. Not to mention quite a lot of the time they are covers.

That said, find my way to the top would be ace live. :)

True, but the frontman could always say something to the effect of "this is the bonus track on blablabla we're giving you a treat tonight" etc.

I dunno, I'd just love to hear The Longest Night. Plus all the bonus tracks Dragonforce has given. :lol:

The Longest Night was mainly written by Clive Nolan of Arena fame.......quite a bit different from the normal PQ thing. Our rule with bonus tracks is that they are additional things that we put together for the fans but we didn't feel were strong enough for the album proper. We also prefer to have our material on the albums etc...hence why covers etc have appeared as bonus tracks.

On the live front...we have enough trouble picking a live set from the album tracks.....never mind the bonus ones too! lol!

I think Paul & Steve have both explained this matter very well. I'd never expect a band to play a bonus track if they have more than 1 album's worth of material. There will always be core songs in a set (band/fan favourites) and I guess it would really be tricky picking your favourite songs to play whilst fitting to an allotted set slot!

I really wanted DF to play Where Dragons Rule when i saw them in Oxford but i knew i was dreaming as it was a bonus track written with the original members - and this was the first show to promote their new album lol

I really wanted DF to play Where Dragons Rule when i saw them in Oxford but i knew i was dreaming as it was a bonus track written with the original members - and this was the first show to promote their new album lol

(8)In this land we've defended, from all things dark and cruel, now we're defenceless, in a land where dragons rule(8)
Definetly should be played live!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Vadim did his keyboard solo thing while the other band members were offstage, wasn't the riff from Scars of Yesterday (Bonus track on Ultra Beatdown)???

Here's it from the gig in Belfast: [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSR37NvVb4[/ame]
:headbang:Kieran:headbang:

(8)In this land we've defended, from all things dark and cruel, now we're defenceless, in a land where dragons rule(8)
Definetly should be played live!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Vadim did his keyboard solo thing while the other band members were offstage, wasn't the riff from Scars of Yesterday (Bonus track on Ultra Beatdown)???

Here's it from the gig in Belfast: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSR37NvVb4
:headbang:Kieran:headbang:

Nice to see my lyrics weren't changed too much! hahaha!