BOOKS ABOUT RECORDING???

ZPDRUMMER

MaN Of MaNy NamEZ
Oct 2, 2007
illinois
Thomson Course Technology Waves Plug-Ins CSI Master

PRODUCTION, MIXING, MASTERING WITH WAVES, INTERACTIVE COURSE- FROM WAVES

what do you guys think about these books, do any of you have them?

All i know is that i got advanced pro tools dvd volumeIII and it blows, my grandma baught it for me from sweetwater and it sucks.....

thanks

+1 for hallucinogens.

Or just weed, that always does the trick for me.

Seriously though dude, if you really, and I mean *really*, can't find the info you need on this forum, then the last resort should be a book about it.

Modern Recording Techniques is a good book. I own it. It has been in my closet since the 2nd day I bought it. Recording is something you have to be hands-on with and learn with time. Nobody is awesome at recording/mixing/anything the first time. No matter how many times you read that chapter about drum mixing, your drums will still sound like shit until you have actually DONE it 100 times. And even then, they'll suck. Learning this stuff takes time, experience, trial and error. Advice, tips, and books can only get you so far, you still have to actually try the stuff and find out what works for YOU and YOUR ears and YOUR style, etc.

BTW if you want my copy of MRT, pm me your address and I'll send it out. It'll do you just as good as it has done me. It makes a killer wedge for a wobbly table.

~e.a