Borat

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
I haven't laughed that hard in the theater in quite a while.

The "fight" scene between Borat and his producer is forever burned into my brain.

it was weird humor.

if i wasn't chuckling, i was laughing my ass off.

It's pretty damn funny. I laughed all the way through. And I must agree..that fight scene...well just go see it if you haven't already.

By the way I just have re-registered on here, forgot my old username and password. Some of my fav bands include Nevermore, Into Eternity, Symphony X, and Opeth. Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

theres a good chance that fight scene was so long and dragged out on purpose. But still quite disturbing...and the movie was only rated 14A!

Cohen (who plays Borat and invented Ali G) has been sued by almost every Government and Minority group -including Gypsies, Homosexual, Race/Ethnic Groups, the Blind and the Katzakstan government- for making this film so you know it must be fucking awesome! :headbang:

Can't wait to see it. :headbang:

i guess im the only one who thinks it looks pretty stupid. granted, a lot of my favorite movies looked stupid when i saw the previews first, but i ended up liking the movie immensely. ill catch it when it comes out on video.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've seen most of the Da Ali G show episodes. The scene where he goes into the redneck bar in Arizona and gets the entire place to sing along with "Throw the Jew Down the Well" could very well be one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life!!!

Hahaha I'm laughing out loud just thinking about it!

It's a great movie. Cohen is very unassuming, indeed some of the scenes are so downright satirical it's fucking awesome.

Indeed, half of the charm of Ali G was that by intentionally being so stupid he often got people to blurt how they really feel, it was great interviewing.

Man, this film ROCKS.

It's a great movie. Cohen is very unassuming, indeed some of the scenes are so downright satirical it's fucking awesome.

Indeed, half of the charm of Ali G was that by intentionally being so stupid he often got people to blurt how they really feel, it was great interviewing.

Man, this film ROCKS.

The charm and the power of Cohen (as any of his characters) is the fact he is so unassuming that people actually believe that he is the character he is playing and they get completely ambushed by his incredible intellilect and cunning.

He always seems to be 3 steps ahead of any interview and situation and can manipulate them to fix into his plans.

A great example of this is his early Ali G interviews in England where he catches people totally off guard by asking really sutble and satircal questions.
Incredibly funny stuff1 :lol:

This film was the funniest thing I've seen in a very very long time...

The 'hotel battle scene' made me choke on several candy items.