Borknagar, Empiricism - FINALLY!

Hmm so I was the last guy to post here? WELL! INDEED THE TIME HAS COME!

I picked up Empiricism about an hour ago and mmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmm is it good. I am definitly gonna have to give it repeated spins, because lots of different things to listen too............but one thing........where is all my special bonus stuff? Any hints? :confused:

Vintersorg is on top of his game here.......his preformance on The Stellar Dome is fuckin godly! Both growling and clean! Ill be back again with more info......still only on track 7 hehe.

:headbang:

"Empiricism" is far & away my favorite album of 2001, and I can attribute 90% of this to Vintersorg's performance on it, I thought all their albums before that were sub-par...at best! This new one just blew me away. Whenever I play it, somehow I always end up playing the entire thing because it's just TOOOO good to stop playing!:D

Yep I gave at an easy 2 spins earlier and it is definitly top notch, actually its better than I expected. So many nice accoustic interludes and things to listen too! I can tell Vintersorg had plenty of influence when he came, I see traces of The Explorer everywhere, from the jewel case, to the lyrics, to the music itself. Masterpiece!

i tempted to say The Stellar Dome, or maybe Inherit the Earth, Gods of my World is awesome too, ok fuck it the whole CD is awesome :headbang:

Hey Tyr, I see your here, awesome bass work man :headbang:

Indeed the album is great but i must confess sometimes i miss Simen (and Mr. G-sus hehe.. Garm).. though of course those are different eras and as long as Borknagar keep playing great music, i'm happy...

wow, that was a pointless post! :)

Originally posted by Final_Vision
i tempted to say The Stellar Dome, or maybe Inherit the Earth, Gods of my World is awesome too, ok fuck it the whole CD is awesome :headbang:

Hey Tyr, I see your here, awesome bass work man :headbang:

I feel the same here, you listen to a song and think that's my fave, then the next is up and you think oh no, THIS ONE is my fave until the next song starts ... hehehe!
I think everyone in the band done well!

Originally posted by astarte
Indeed the album is great but i must confess sometimes i miss Simen (and Mr. G-sus hehe.. Garm).. though of course those are different eras and as long as Borknagar keep playing great music, i'm happy...

wow, that was a pointless post! :)

G-sus!? hey, do you play an instrument?:D :) :D :)

meh jesus & god mean the same thing to me... i was just associating Mr. Rygg with the concept of a deity :p

and only a god can legally add Garm to his name :D

Originally posted by astarte
meh jesus & god mean the same thing to me... i was just associating Mr. Rygg with the concept of a deity :p

:lol: hehe i actually agree :D

(oooops,my 1500th is super-meaningfull :D )
ULVER ULVER