Borknagar - Empiricism

I got pretty disappointed when i heard the new BORKNAGAR.
It wasn't definitely as good as i thought it would be... maybe i had
too high expectations, who knows? But i think the album is boring.
Some songs are good, but the only song that's great is
"The Genuine Pulse", the rest are boring or/and mediocre.

Sorry, but this album is not for me. If i want to hear BORKNAGAR
at their best, i just put on "The Olden Domain", which i think
is a bit of a masterpiece. Garm's clean vocals rules!!

;)

I love that album from the beginning to the end. It's definitely the best album that came out last year and Borknagar's best release to date. The production is 100 times better than on the last album and Vintersorg suites the band perfectly, I even have to confess that I like him much more than Simen. Oddly enough I think that "The Genuine Pulse" is the least good song on the album, my musical tastes seems to be the opposite of Brutalizer's :)

I wish ICS was still there. I love Vintersorg and all, but still, he just doesn't sound right for Borknagar to me. I think ICS is their best vocalist. Even though he could sound like Kermit The Frog at times.

Bit of a hard call this. Only had the album since last saturday, so it aint really sunk in yet. I do like Vintersorg as the new vocalist tho. Think he's done a really fine job. Especially the last min and a half of the second track (the name escapes me-sorry!!). The vocals there are outstanding.

Musically, its good and i enjoyed it really. Not up to "The Olden Domain" tho as Brutalizer said.

Originally posted by Brutalizer
I got pretty disappointed when i heard the new BORKNAGAR.
It wasn't definitely as good as i thought it would be... maybe i had
too high expectations, who knows? But i think the album is boring.
Some songs are good, but the only song that's great is
"The Genuine Pulse", the rest are boring or/and mediocre.

Sorry, but this album is not for me. If i want to hear BORKNAGAR
at their best, i just put on "The Olden Domain", which i think
is a bit of a masterpiece. Garm's clean vocals rules!!

I pretty much agree with this statement.

well actually I love the album....I love Vintersorg's voice....even I miss a lot Siemen :cry: but don't think a better way to have done that album...to me it's the perfect step forward