Vintersorg: What's the verdict?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
OK let's get everyone's thoughts on:

- Vintersorg
- Borknagar ("Empiricism")
- Otyg
- Havayoth

Visions From The Spiral Generator is killer. I'm really looking forward to The Focusing Blur.

Haven't gotten into Borknagar so far (even saw them live). The other two I've not heard.

I'm with ScottG. I also liked Cosmic Genesis by Vintersorg, but not as much as Visions. I can't remember if it was Otyg or Otep, but I downloaded some of one of them and laughed my ass off it was so bad.

I listened to VFTSG earlier this week and totally hated it. I can't believe I have ever liked that album. All the clean vocals sounded forced and bad. Everything from the compositions to the bass drum sound reeks of man pussy.

I haven't heard enough of his other work to comment, but if I remember correctly, his vocals were much better on Borknagar's Quintessence.

Black Winter Day said:
he sang on empiricism, not quintessence
I'll just leave that post unedited, so it reminds me of my stupidity till the end of the internet(year 2008).

Quintessence was the album with Simen, right? If not, I'm going to end it right here.

Visions is much better than Cosmic Genesis, how could it not be with Asgeir and Steve Digiorgio replacing that drum machine? As for Otyg, you won't complain about his lyrics being too wordy after hearing it. :)

Didn't like Cosmic Genesis too much. Empiricism is pretty good, but I prefer Simen

I like Vintersorg, but not the others very much..
VFTSG isnt that great but the other albums are really good IMO.

all vintersorg albums pre-VFTSG are great, and all otyg releases pre-SVB are awesome, while the latest is just good. i heard some borknagar a while back, not enough to give them a proper verdict but i didn't like it at all.

and what do you guys think of his new project "fusion"? what was it supposed to be? melodic thrash? hehe, think i'll skip that one when it's released unless it gets overwhelming reviews :)

spaffe said:
all vintersorg albums pre-VFTSG are great, and all otyg releases pre-SVB are awesome, while the latest is just good. i heard some borknagar a while back, not enough to give them a proper verdict but i didn't like it at all.

and what do you guys think of his new project "fusion"? what was it supposed to be? melodic thrash? hehe, think i'll skip that one when it's released unless it gets overwhelming reviews :)

FISSION

all realeses with Vintersorg is good, though Visions is the best

Bump,
Anyone seen the new lyrics for the upcoming album? That's the worst shit I've read in a long time. I thought the lyrics to Visions were really bad.. but they arent so bad compared to these:

http://home.pi.be/~vercaua1/content_news.html

Every thought's a compressed dream,
That lives in the hidden planes
Myriads of spheres in its luminosity's beam,
But still the complex connection sustains

I wonder why people call him a "pretentious cock" nowadays...

despite not understanding a friggin' word the man is saying, I must say that I love his work in his Vintersorg project. Till Fjalls is definitely my favorite. sadly, I haven't heard his other stuff... which i should check out, but am too lazy!

Been listening to The Focusing Blur a bit lately. Sounds good so far. The Thesises Seasons, A Microscopical Macrocosm, Dark Matter Mystery - Blackbody Spectrum and Curtains are great songs.

Back