Borknagar signs with Indie Recordings; New Album in the Works

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Press release from Indie Recordings:

BORKNAGAR has for nearly a decade been a leading star in the black metal community. Like no other band, they have pushed the boundaries of what is possible within the genre, and now they will once again return to the dark side — to their roots, for a darker and heavier album, to be released on Indie Recordings.

Commented the band in a statement: "After nearly a year of negotiating deals with different labels we are now proud to finally reveal the partnership that we have settled for our next three albums.

"In late December 2007 we inked a three-album deal with the Norwegian label Indie Recordings.

"After the release of 'Origin', our 12 years and six albums long partnership with Century Media Records came to an end contractually. The years have been a great journey, but sometimes changes are needed to evolve and it was time for a change now.

"We are really exited to start working with our new partners for the next albums to come. Indie Recordings is a relatively new label, but the crucial staff behind the company has been friends and fans of the band for many years. Their genuine dedication and high level of professionalism makes us totally confident that our collaboration in the future will be prosperous in many ways; for the band, our fans and other associates.

"We are currently in writing mode for our next album and we are aiming for a late 2008 release. This time around we will be back on track with a massive album including all our core elements that have formed our identity through the years. For our long run fans the album might represent a surprise or two. So beware!"

Fucking awesome.

Well he's a very good growler, and it looks like we'll get plenty of that on the upcoming album. Plus the few surprises that they hinted at could mean guest appearances from former members. Keeping my hopes up.

I love Borknagar, and I love Vintersorg, but god I'm starting to lose faith in them. Ages between albums, increasing inconsistencies (Epic) ... I wish they were more active/productive.

Nevertheless, I do hope the new album is good though, I do love these guys.

I love Borknagar, and I love Vintersorg, but god I'm starting to lose faith in them. Ages between albums, increasing inconsistencies (Epic) ... I wish they were more active/productive.

The breaks between albums are barely over 2 years these days. That's not exactly unusual. But yeah, even though they've been a favorite of mine for years, their latest material has been less than stellar.