BORKNAGAR Signs With INDIE RECORDINGS

Haha, nah, I'm not a firefighter. I'm still in television, and the picture was taken during the filming of a sequence for an upcoming series of crime shows I'm directing for TVNorge (y'all gotta watch "Krimkommisjonen" on TVN this fall!). We tortched two houses to get the footage we needed for a program about an unsolved murdercase that included arson. With the firefighters at the scene I had to wear a full heatsuit and a helmet as I ran around the burning houses with the cameraman, so at one point I just had to try the hose as well.

Yeah, I know: I have a weird job!

Btw I'll post some more pics if you want to see them... It was a pretty cool experience.

Haha, nah, I'm not a firefighter. I'm still in television, and the picture was taken during the filming of a sequence for an upcoming series of crime shows I'm directing for TVNorge (y'all gotta watch "Krimkommisjonen" on TVN this fall!). We tortched two houses to get the footage we needed for a program about an unsolved murdercase that included arson. With the firefighters at the scene I had to wear a full heatsuit and a helmet as I ran around the burning houses with the cameraman, so at one point I just had to try the hose as well.

Yeah, I know: I have a weird job!

Btw I'll post some more pics if you want to see them... It was a pretty cool experience.

That sounds awesome! Did you feel the heat from the house as it burned being that close? I can only imagine, especially wearing that suit it must have mad it a lot worse. Or maybe it shielded you, I don't know I've never worn one :p. And yes, trying the hose if you have the opportunity is a MUST! :D

But you' can't abandon the band to become a television star! Post more pics if you have them that would be cool to see, it sounds like something interesting to say the least!

That sounds awesome! Did you feel the heat from the house as it burned being that close? I can only imagine, especially wearing that suit it must have mad it a lot worse. Or maybe it shielded you, I don't know I've never worn one :p. And yes, trying the hose if you have the opportunity is a MUST! :D

But you' can't abandon the band to become a television star! Post more pics if you have them that would be cool to see, it sounds like something interesting to say the least!

It was damn hot, I can tell you that much. But the suit shielded me a lot. My eyebrows started to melt at one point, though. Nice!

Don't worry, I won't abandon Borknagar. Even if I have to record the new album with melted eyebrows. :headbang:

You should up-date your web-page hehehe :p , the latest news is something of Origin.

And you didn't change the interface to Origin's style (how come? :cry:), so maybe you'd like/should up-date it :) .

Cheers!
:headbang:

Ah yes, the Borknagar website!
I keep meaning to ask about this since my friend Simon of Pixelghetto was asking me about finding some bands who want websites being built and I was going to drop this by you since I think he was offering designs for free. While I'm sure some of the Borknagar boys (wow sounds like a super hero group) probably have skills in building and designing website I just thought you might be interested in someone designing, building and maintaining a site? especially if his offer is free.

I could double check with him if it appeals at all?

ps. More pictures Lars <3

It was damn hot, I can tell you that much. But the suit shielded me a lot. My eyebrows started to melt at one point, though. Nice!

Yeh I can imagine, even being close a large bonfire can get pretty intense, but it's a cool feeling though, when you're camping at least. And yeh, I should have known the suit protected you, that is what it is meant for :lol:

Don't worry, I won't abandon Borknagar. Even if I have to record the new album with melted eyebrows. :headbang:

And it would look something like this:

lazflame.jpg

:lol: Forgive my pathetic photoshop skills.

You know, I *thought* that that looked like a controlled burn site or a vacant lot...glad I was right! :lol:

Also, I have some questions regarding television stuff, do you mind if I PM you about it? Many thanks!

Looks like you had a lot of fun, being able to burn down to buildings for the fun of it is awesome. Well, actually I bet it was a lot of work to organize it and get done precisely, not to mention getting the footage you wanted but, once the work was done I'm sure there was lots of fun to be had. I find it really cool that you're into directing, that is something I'd like to pursue someday. Any tips?

Doing sequences like that must be really expensive, I mean if anything went wrong wouldn't the whole scene been ruined, and with load of money down the drain?

I know with programming games that if I spent two or three working on something only to scrap it, I'd have cost a company a good bit of money..... even if that's how most games companies work anyway :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask is there a website for Indie Recordings? Does this mean it's going to be even harder to get borknagar merch? And will the new releases be available outside of Norway without buying them online?

Right on guys, good to see the Borknagar camp is back and stronger than ever. Very Good to see the 3 album record deal too, much more fantastic music headed our way looks like.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask is there a website for Indie Recordings? Does this mean it's going to be even harder to get borknagar merch? And will the new releases be available outside of Norway without buying them online?

You can usually get Borknagar from HMV and Virgin, also independent stores like Hellraiser, then again they're only based in Leeds, York and some other shit town.:erk:

That was with century media though.... Also I bought out all the Borknagar albums I've ever found in Ireland. I had to finish the collection in Germany. :lol: