BORKNAGAR Signs With INDIE RECORDINGS

Press release from Indie Recordings:

BORKNAGAR has for nearly a decade been a leading star in the black metal community. Like no other band, they have pushed the boundaries of what is possible within the genre, and now they will once again return to the dark side — to their roots, for a darker and heavier album, to be released on Indie Recordings.

Commented the band in a statement: "After nearly a year of negotiating deals with different labels we are now proud to finally reveal the partnership that we have settled for our next three albums.

"In late December 2007 we inked a three-album deal with the Norwegian label Indie Recordings.

"After the release of 'Origin', our 12 years and six albums long partnership with Century Media Records came to an end contractually. The years have been a great journey, but sometimes changes are needed to evolve and it was time for a change now.

"We are really exited to start working with our new partners for the next albums to come. Indie Recordings is a relatively new label, but the crucial staff behind the company has been friends and fans of the band for many years. Their genuine dedication and high level of professionalism makes us totally confident that our collaboration in the future will be prosperous in many ways; for the band, our fans and other associates.

"We are currently in writing mode for our next album and we are aiming for a late 2008 release. This time around we will be back on track with a massive album including all our core elements that have formed our identity through the years. For our long run fans the album might represent a surprise or two. So beware!"

Press release from Indie Recordings:

BORKNAGAR has for nearly a decade been a leading star in the black metal community. Like no other band, they have pushed the boundaries of what is possible within the genre, and now they will once again return to the dark side — to their roots, for a darker and heavier album, to be released on Indie Recordings.

Commented the band in a statement: "After nearly a year of negotiating deals with different labels we are now proud to finally reveal the partnership that we have settled for our next three albums.

"In late December 2007 we inked a three-album deal with the Norwegian label Indie Recordings.

"After the release of 'Origin', our 12 years and six albums long partnership with Century Media Records came to an end contractually. The years have been a great journey, but sometimes changes are needed to evolve and it was time for a change now.

"We are really exited to start working with our new partners for the next albums to come. Indie Recordings is a relatively new label, but the crucial staff behind the company has been friends and fans of the band for many years. Their genuine dedication and high level of professionalism makes us totally confident that our collaboration in the future will be prosperous in many ways; for the band, our fans and other associates.

"We are currently in writing mode for our next album and we are aiming for a late 2008 release. This time around we will be back on track with a massive album including all our core elements that have formed our identity through the years.

Congrats! 3 new albums, that is awesome news! New records, new label... new tours :saint:

For our long run fans the album might represent a surprise or two. So beware!"
:D:D Is this a hint Garm or Simen might add something to the album, or maybe you'll re-do older sometracks? :D

. . . and now they will once again return to the dark side — to their roots, for a darker and heavier album, to be released on Indie Recordings. (...) This time around we will be back on track with a massive album including all our core elements that have formed our identity through the years. For our long run fans the album might represent a surprise or two. So beware!"

It would be interesting to know if they will be using Toproom Studios again. If they want to make a "dark and heavy" album perhaps thats not the best choice. Perhaps revisit Woodhouse where The Archaic Course was recorded?

:D:D Is this a hint Garm or Simen might add something to the album

That's what I was thinking but I don't want to get my hopes up. Asgeir, the new label won't have any impact on songwriting, right?

I have such a good feeling about this album. Epic is going to be damn hard to top but I just feel like this is going to be so great!

borklars.jpg

We're writing the new metal album right now, and some of Øystein's riffs are too hot to handle!

Awesome!!!

Three new albums!!!

:headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

And I thought that we were not going to see a new Bork album for some time... :cry:, I'm happy.

Hehehe that pic of Lars is simply awesome :kickass: (didn't know he was a fireman, that's great :) ).

I feel a tour coming!!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Nice to know there'll be three more albums atleast! I guess this will be some pretty good press for Norwegian label Indie Recordings as well!

Oh.... yeah, how long has Lazare been a fireman? :)

You should up-date your web-page hehehe :p , the latest news is something of Origin.

And you didn't change the interface to Origin's style (how come? :cry:), so maybe you'd like/should up-date it :) .

Cheers!
:headbang: