BOSS MetalZone

I guess you don't know much about Marshall, do you?

I like the JCM 800. That's about the only head they made worth a damn.

JCM 900 and later... Marshall uses INFERIOR componets, CHEAP PC BOARDS, DIODE DISTORTION, and CHARGES nearly as much as MESA.

WTF do you not understand about that???

Guess you don't ever look inside the pretty little boxes to see what they're made of, eh?

Tear apart a Bogner, Soldano, VHT, Mesa, and compare it to whatever crap SS amp or Marshall you might want.

Come back and tell me Marshall doesn't charge top dollar for SWEAT SHOP JUNK! Any reputable company would charge HALF of what Marshall sells their equipment for, because it's sub standard.

Originally posted by xenophobe
I guess you don't know much about Marshall, do you?

I like the JCM 800. That's about the only head they made worth a damn.

JCM 900 and later... Marshall uses INFERIOR componets, CHEAP PC BOARDS, DIODE DISTORTION, and CHARGES nearly as much as MESA.

- I totally agree. A lot of people rave about how great marshall
is when its really not. The JCM900 triple lead is extremely
expensive and its still very weak compared to a mesa, peavey,
or crate. -

WTF do you not understand about that???

Guess you don't ever look inside the pretty little boxes to see what they're made of, eh?

Tear apart a Bogner, Soldano, VHT, Mesa, and compare it to whatever crap SS amp or Marshall you might want.

Come back and tell me Marshall doesn't charge top dollar for SWEAT SHOP JUNK! Any reputable company would charge HALF of what Marshall sells their equipment for, because it's sub standard.

For the most part, I agree with your analysis of solid state amps, except for some of the newer crates that I've played through. For example, the gx1200h 120 watt head. I was really surprised when I plugged into this, it really put out some mega distortion that comes pretty close to rendering the mt-2, which I also use, pointless. It uses crate's patented flexwave electronic technology which gives it its own unique sound from any other solid state amp or tube amp for that matter. (don't know if you knew that or not so i figured i'd mention it). IMO, it puts crate up as the best SS you can buy for the money.

Originally posted by JesterRace

For the most part, I agree with your analysis of solid state amps, except for some of the newer crates that I've played through. For example, the gx1200h 120 watt head. I was really surprised when I plugged into this, it really put out some mega distortion that comes pretty close to rendering the mt-2, which I also use, pointless. It uses crate's patented flexwave electronic technology which gives it its own unique sound from any other solid state amp or tube amp for that matter. (don't know if you knew that or not so i figured i'd mention it). IMO, it puts crate up as the best SS you can buy for the money.

I've heard about the Flexwave, dunno if it was you in a diff thread, but the whole point of getting a head would be to avoid MT-2/DS-1/digitech-like distortion.

However I would prefer that to Line 6 type white noise generator type distortion....