Boss MT-2-Metal Zone pedal...

i use the metal zone pedal with my fender twin amp and it is ok, and i have to deal with the hissing and pissing. The tone is not bad though, i can get some good crunch and i need to crank the reverb up to really do some damage.

but....maybe i just suck at guitar (which i do)

but now I feel I get a way better sound just using my Marshall Valvestate. It's got 3 channels, parallel effects loop, power attenuator...lots of shit. I tend to use the OD2 channel which is really crushing for distortion that still sounds clear and not muddy. There's also a cool clean channel and the OD1 channel is kinda like a classic rock sort of distortion that comes in handy if you wanta mix things up.

The chuck schuldienr way i see

Originally posted by U[Sic]M
Dammit! When will the hype of this unbelievably overrated piece of machinery ever stop??? Metal Zone is, as far as I can tell (and I can tell a lot, let me tell you), not that good. Sure, if you want your guitar (or, at least the sound comin´ out of your amp or whatever) to sound like a pack of horny bumblebees gettin´ ready to mate, then, by all means, go for the Metal Zone.

Ah, screw it, I´m tired of shitty pedals that produce shitty sounds. Amps are where it´s at, people!

I must agree with you, though, ShadowLioness, the DOD Death Metal Pedal (doesn´t that just roll off your tongue? - "DOD deff medul pedul") is without a doubt truly crap-diddely-icious.

Agreed. It also has the worst low end, so when you are playing live, and turn that thing on, you completely dissapear.

I use a Digitech rp-7 as well. I use it in conjuction with my amps equalization. it sounds good.

I also have a MT-2 and I dont use it often.

however, i heard that At THe Gates used Metal Zones to record Slaughter of The Soul. interesting

i use my amp(laney tf300)'s distortion into a boss ge7 eq pedal, it sounds awesome. thick bottom end chunk, yet middy enough to bust out solos. just need a volume pedal to boost during solos.
i own the metalzone, but i don't pay much attention to it anymore. it has a fucked up eq, it's thin, too trebley and sounds very hollow. hate it.... might get myself a peavey 5150 soon..once i have the money