Boss MT-2 or MD-2

Mar 18, 2002
Visit site
I have got a Boss MT-2 pedal for birthday and its what Ive wanted. But I listened on some samples on the net and found the MD-2 sound much more Opeth and better. It was maybe too crunchy though.

Has anyone tried them both and have some opinions about them???

Which is better for what?

Try Korg´s 104ds Hyper Distortion. For a pedal, it´s quite decent.

Cheerio!
J

I know a lot of people on this board prefer the Digitech Metal Master as far as distortion pedals go. I, myself, have an MT-2, and I really don't like it. There's way too much fuzz.

In about two weeks, though, I'm going to have money from some freelance work I did, and I'll be getting a Boss GT-6. Anyone ever try those before? Did you like it, hate it? Any input would be nice.

i tried a boss gt-5, a friend ( Julio from the former Arcarius, they changed the name of the band but i still dont know their new name although...great grindcorish brutal death metal btw ) owns a marshall head ( jm or something, cant remember ) a mealheart 4x12 and a boss gt5. That probably was the best live sound i ever got, the gt5 is just fucking sweeet. On a sidenote recently i played with the exact same set but using my rp200 instead and i got a really amazing sound still, not as good but not as lacking as you would think.

In short, if the gt6 is anything like the gt5 its got to be one of the sweetest sounding processors ive ever tried.