FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
Boston - July 2 @ Harper's Ferry with Irepress and Neurisican
NY - July 15 @ Tonic with Electric Kompany and Bill Brovold
CT - July 22 @ The Play Room in Winsted

the Tonic thing is part of a 4-day fest hosted by John Zorn called FULL FORCE: The New Rock Complexity and over the course of Thursday - Sunday there will be performances by an array of awesome compositional rock groups including Big A little a, Stay Fucked, Time of Orchids, Capital M, Jerseyband, Newspeak (who may be performing one of my own, new pieces that I'm writing for them - depends on if I get the score done in time), Bill Brovold (you might know him from the band Larval) and Electric Kompany, and the Sunday will be a special act TBA. Check out all these guys on myspace, they are all really interesting and unique.

This fest was put together for the purpose of helping out and spotlighting the new wave of compositional rock bands and trying to raise awareness about this movement in music. For anyone who is interested in seeing this kind of music stay alive, PLEASE come out and support this fest, all the bands really need it (and deserve it, imo).

I was about to say I'd be at the NY show, then I realized... that was yesterday.

90 minute drive to the CT one, I live here and didn't even know where Winsted was. I'll probably go to that one anyway.

it was completely amazing, the band did an excellent job and the only real errors were on my own part. i loved all the other groups and this is totally what i want to be involved with, bands like these; this scene is fucking exciting!

I was bummed about the discussion being cancelled, but it didn't affect the show; we thought many people would only come to see JZ and that ended up not being the case at all.

by the way, danny and andrew are so awesome for coming to every single show we ever do in NYC.

i agree with many of toby's observations. i liked very much that we were able to present our music to this audience. i also really love that andrew and dan come to so many of our shows. we need to play with biolich again. and it was great to see tim, chuck, bodie, and rich also. plus my man taylor came out.

as i said before though, i really want to meet john zorn. another day i guess!