Boz Digital Mixing Contest

You know, I didn't flip the overhead. It never even dawned on me because I've never dealt with a project where the tracking engineer messed up that badly. The overheads and rooms sounded awkward to the point of being near useless, so I just got them out of the way fast and tried to bury them under the acoustics. Noticed all sorts of weird artefacts in there, and not sure where half of them came from.

It's all sleight of hand anyway. When you have poor bass and drum tracks, you highlight the vocals and guitars in an attempt to mask them.

Maybe this was done on purpose just to see who's gonna make it sound good haha... but yeah the drum tracks are not that good...

here is my version of this mix, i had lots of fun doing it and also learned alot by doing this, i really enjoyed it, thanks loki for sharing this mix contest page
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/exoslime/i-am-cassettes-believe-exoslime-mix-boz-labs-mixing-contest [/SOUNDCLOUD]

i decided to not sample replace the drums, but to keep them 100% natural, and go for a kinda indie/alternative direction with the mix

I've given up on this after sound cloud page crashed my browser while listing all the entries.How many of them are there?
There are too many mixing "engineers" out there….way too many. :puke:

i listened through quite a lot of those mixes on soundcloud and the diversity of very different sounding mixes and approaches is amazing.. there are many really great mixes, done by whoever they are.. for me its inspiring to listen to such a diversity, i´m glad that everybody has the chance to take part of this, not to care if those are just hobbiests or bedroom warrios, or people working in this business and running their own studios.

good luck to everyone participating
cheers
exoslime