Kevin Talley Guitar Contest April 2012 - Win 3 songs of FREE drum tracks!!

Just finished recording guitars. Wondering if I should record bass, as well. Also, is it really necessary to have a twitter account?
3. Please include your full name, location, Facebook, twitter, and Youtube ID name in the email.

Just finished recording guitars. Wondering if I should record bass, as well. Also, is it really necessary to have a twitter account?

No you don't AFAIK (I think you can give it in case you have one, but you don't NEED one. I didn't have one when i did the previous contest and had no issue with it).

Cool to hear that two of you already chimed in ! Can't wait to hear your submissions !

Yeah I checked some of the previous entries and there's some killer stuff there. It's fun to hear how completely different they are. Still, most of them were a bit more melodic whereas I felt like recording something heavier, I guess. Anyway, I'm happy with how everything came out considering it's all pretty much done in 1 day.
Curious to hear what everyone will come up with.

Yeah I checked some of the previous entries and there's some killer stuff there. It's fun to hear how completely different they are. Still, most of them were a bit more melodic whereas I felt like recording something heavier, I guess. Anyway, I'm happy with how everything came out considering it's all pretty much done in 1 day.
Curious to hear what everyone will come up with.

same here

still unsure if i will have time to give it a shot this time, but listening to the drum track again i got some cool ideas popping in my head for some spots :)

It was actually kinda difficult working with all these strange patterns and tempo changes, especially since I'm not a pro musician by any means. In fact I hadn't played at all for the last month or so but I thought this contest is a nice occasion so yeah definitely glad I gave it a go. It was fun and challenging, don't really care about winning even though drums from Talley would be awesome.

It was actually kinda difficult working with all these strange patterns and tempo changes

I ran into the same kind of problem (not to mention it's unnatural/weird/difficult for me to build a full song starting with a drum track) on the previous contest, and this drum track seems even worse :) (tons of 5/4 stuff, tempo/feel changes, etc).

The previous drum track was way more straight-forward in comparison.

Very interested to hear what the killer songwriters will do out of this !

Well, so much for participating...
"The April 2012 contest has been canceled. New Contest in June 2012!"