Bradford Rio

ChildOfDecadence

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2004
:hotjump:

I bought concert tickets for London, return coach tickets to London from Bradford and put a deposit down on a hostel for the night (A whole £4 deposit!!) NOW they announce they're coming to my home town when I'm all prepared to go to the other side of the country the day after they're 10mins away from my house?!

Suppose I can always go to both... Or try blag refunds for my coach tickets and flog me gig tickets. Anyone know if they can be transferred from Astoria to Rio?

Cheers!

Can't transfer. It's a different promoter (i know one of the promoters).

However. What you can do is wait till it sells out and stick them on fleabay.

I should have been suspicious of Dudley from the start... I mean DUDLEY?! Will you be venturing down to any of the two dates at all? They've completely abandoned Scotland this time aint they?! Too good for us Brits now!

I'm at London.

I caught the sheffield gig in 2003 and the Bloodstock 04 gig.

I'm not too hyped about this one cause if Dark Tranquillity can play a scottish date. Bodom who are far bigger can do so too.. But i guess if you're tooo big for the UK then you don't have to tour it...

i had a feeling the dudley gig would move, the sheffield gig in 2003 which i was at was originally ment to be played somewhere in the southwest i think

i'm now getting tempted to go see them for the erm......... 4th time, would need to get the ticket in advance, although i'd have to spend the night in bradford doing fuck all and get the train home in the morning, is bradford train station open at night? i cant afford hotels

The website is www.bradfordrio.com, Bodom haven't been added to it yet though so it better not change again!

I think the last trains & buses generally leave Bradford Interchange at around 11 - 11:30. The ones I catch are normally around that time anyway!

Think I might just go to that.

I think the venue will chamge though. I went there to see Dissection and it is tiny (fantastic venue but tiny) and I can see Bodom getting in a bigger crowd than that.

-Gavin- said:
I'm at London.

I caught the sheffield gig in 2003 and the Bloodstock 04 gig.

I'm not too hyped about this one cause if Dark Tranquillity can play a scottish date. Bodom who are far bigger can do so too.. But i guess if you're tooo big for the UK then you don't have to tour it...

Henkka said in a interview with Scream that they haven't had much success in the UK, that's why they don't care about touring there too much.

America was their main target.

TheSeldomlaid said:
Henkka said in a interview with Scream that they haven't had much success in the UK, that's why they don't care about touring there too much.

America was their main target.

That's bullshit right there. They sold out every show they've done here :)

-Gavin- said:
They sold out every show they've done here :)

So maybe their management counts that doing 2 shows is more profitable than 3. Many freaks (including you) travel to see them from far away too so more gigs wouldn't necessarily make any sense. Why do 3 semi-full shows when you can do just 2 sold out shows where almost all the same people come anyway? :err:

Shadeg said:
So maybe their management counts that doing 2 shows is more profitable than 3. Many freaks (including you) travel to see them from far away too so more gigs wouldn't necessarily make any sense. Why do 3 semi-full shows when you can do just 2 sold out shows where almost all the same people come anyway? :err:

I quest for metal... Some people aren't as dedicated :)

travel wise for bodom gigs the bastard train companies for england have got £80 out of me over the years

fucking hell!!! *faints*