Brain Teaser Time!!

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Whoever can solve ALL of these brain teasers first.... is really good.... at Brain Teasers....

If you wanna have a crack at these without seeing the answers that other people wrote, then don't scroll down. Just copy and paste and then post a reply.... Dont be cheatin bastards!!!!

Let the Teasing begin:

1 - How many times can you subtract 6 from 30?

2 - The ages of a father and son add up to 55. The father's age is the son's age reversed. How old are they?

3 - What 11 letter word is pronounced incorrectly by more than 99% of University Graduates?

4- All my ties are red except 2. All my ties are yellow except 2. All my ties are blue except 2. How many ties do I have?

5 - A shepard says to another: 'If I give you 1 sheep, you will have twice the number of sheep that I have. But if you give me one sheep, we will have the same amount of sheep.' How many sheep does each have?

6 - Find a commonly used word that ends in T, contains the letters VEN and starts with IN

7 - If you can speak properly you will be able to answer this question: Which is correct, 'The yolk of an egg is white' or 'The yolk of an egg are white'?

8 - A doctor has a brother who is an attorney in Melbourne, but the Attorney in Melbourne doesnt have a brother who is a doctor. How can this be?

9 - What was the biggest ocean in the world before Balboa discovered the Pacific Ocean?

10 - A dog is tied to a leash that is 15 feet long. How can he reach a bone that is 20 feet away?

11- What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

at the . of on

12 - Insert the missing letter: J ? M A M J J A

13 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

STEP
PETS
PETS

14 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

COTAXME

15 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

16 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

VAD ERS

17 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

DNA4TH

18 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

OWHER

19 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

HOROBOD

20 - What word, Expression, or Name is depicted below?

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION

I'll give you the answers later :)

1. Five

2. 23 and 32

3. Dunno

4. Three

5. 5 sheep and 7 sheep

6. Invent

7. The yolk of an egg is white

8. Dunno

9. Atlantic (although seems bleedingly obvious so is probably wrong)

10. If the distance from his neck to his back paws is 5 feet or more then he can reach the bone with his back legs and kick it forward to within 15 feet to pick up. Alternatively he can be standing with the leash at full stretch from the anchor point. If the anchor is a tree for example then the bone could be 5 feet on the other side of the tree ie 20 feet away from the dog, and the dog could obviously still get it.

Do the rest tomorrow... need sleep

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
Whoever can solve ALL of these barin teasers first.... is really good.... at Brain Teasers....

Let the Teasing begin:

4??

2 - The ages of a father and son add up to 55. The father's age is the son's age reversed. How old are they?

Dads 32,sons 23 -Dad started young!

3 - What 11 letter word is pronounced incorrectly by more than 99% of University Graduates?

Jointhedole

4- All my ties are red except 2. All my ties are yellow except 2. All my ties are blue except 2. How many ties do I have?

2 their just not red,yellow or blue??

5 - A shepard says to another: 'If I give you 1 sheep, you will have twice the number of sheep that I have. But if you give me one sheep, we will have the same amount of sheep.' How many sheep does each have?

Aww fuck knows...1??

6 - Find a commonly used word that ends in T, contains the letters VEN and starts with IN

Invent...hmm seems too obvious..

7 - If you can speak properly you will be able to answer this question: Which is correct, 'The yolk of an egg is white' or 'The yolk of an egg are white'?

The yolk is YELLOW sizzle chest!

8 - A doctor has a brother who is an attorney in Melbourne, but the Attorney in Melbourne doesnt have a brother who is a doctor. How can this be?

Two unrelated people?

9 - What was the biggest ocean in the world before Balboa discovered the Pacific Ocean?

Rocky discovered the Pacific?? Adriaaaaan!! Dunno-Atlantic?

10 - A dog is tied to a leash that is 15 feet long. How can he reach a bone that is 20 feet away?

His body is 5 feet long and he backs over to it and and grabs it with his back leg??

at the . of on

Nope??

J??

STEP
PETS
PETS

Hmm..one step forward,two steps backward??

COTAXME

Nope??

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

Fuck - thought it was forever,but theres five of them :(

VAD ERS

Space in vaders - yeeeah,got one right baybeee!!

DNA4TH

Nope??

OWHER

Nah??

HOROBOD

Pfft??

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION

Too few to mention!

I'll give you the answers later :)

Once. After that you're subracting 6 from 24.

41 & 14

incorrectly

3 - 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue.

The first has 5, the second has 7.

Invent

The yolk of an egg is yellow

The doctor is a woman.

The Pacific's always been the biggest Ocean. Doesn't matter if no-one knew about it.

The other end of the rope isn't tied to anything.

at the . of on

At the point of dunno.

F - names of months.

STEP
PETS
PETS

One step forwards, two steps back.

COTAXME

income tax

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

For ever after.

VAD ERS

Space Invaders

DNA4TH

dunno

OWHER

The middle of nowhere (That's a good one :) )

HOROBOD

Robin Hood

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION

Too few to mention

:lol: :mad:

When did Rocky discover the Pacific Ocean?

And (more importantly) was he listening to Eye Of The Tiger at the time?

41 & 14
or 32 & 23 - started very young!

incorrectly

5 & 7

INVENT

neither!!!! the yolk is yellow!!!

The doctor is a woman, and the attorney is a man

The Pacific Ocean

either the dog is bloody big, or the leash isn't tied to anything

at the . of on

at the point of ?

F

STEP
PETS
PETS

one step forwards, two backwards

COTAXME

?

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

for ever after? , beyond forever

VAD ERS

Space Invaders

DNA4TH

ain't got a clue

OWHER

in the middle of nowhere - I've seen that one before...

HOROBOD

?

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION

two few to mention

once, after you subtract 6 from 30 its no longer 30 :D (could be a trick question ya know)
SLAYER
SLAYER
the shephard has 1 and the other dude has 1 :confused:
:madSLAYERVENTINT:mad:
IS
ALIENS
umm THE OCEAN
Kill his owner then rip the owner's arm off with his bare teeth

at the time of SLAYER Kerry King will jump on {b]you[/b]:loco:

12 - Insert the missing letter: J ? M A M J J A SLAYER

STEP
PETS
PETS
SLAYER

COTAXME LAXATIVE

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
SLAYER

DARTH VAD ERS

DNA4TH
MEGADETH

OWHER
SLAYER

HOROBOD
SLAYER

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION
SLAYER

Once. After that, you have 24.

41 and 14

incorrectly

5 & 7

Invent

Egg yolks are yellow, not white.

The doctor is his sister.

The Pacific.

The leash isn't tied to anything.

at the . of on

At the point of no return

F

STEP
PETS
PETS

One step forward, two steps back

COTAXME

Income tax

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

Forever and ever

VAD ERS

Space Invaders

DNA4TH

Back and forth

OWHER

In the middle of nowhere.

HOROBOD

Robin Hood

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION

Too few to mention

I wasn't going to do this but I may as well. I haven't checked the answers yet, so for all I know Sprucey may have already announced the correct ones.

Once - cos after that it's not 30.

Father is 32, son is 23... no, that can't be right. Father is 41, son is 14 - that's better! :D

Incorrectly

HUH???

Invent

None, the yolk of an egg is yellow. I think.

The doctor is a chicky.

The Pacific Ocean. Same as how Mt Everest was still the world's highest mountain before it was discovered. :)

Why didn't they make a big deal about him finding the ocean in Rocky?? Would have given him more fame than getting the stuffing beaten out of him by Apollo Creed.

The leash isn't tied to anything.

at the . of on

Nup, sorry.

Nup, sorry.

STEP
PETS
PETS

One step forward, two steps pack. Or one pet back, two pets forward. *shrug*

COTAXME

Income tax.

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

Fiveever? Or Forever and ever.

VAD ERS

Space invaders.

DNA4TH

Umm...

OWHER

Umm...

HOROBOD

Robin Hood

FEWFEW
MENTION
MENTION

Two few to mention