Help! Windows 98 technical question

PIV Bassman

Nomad
Apr 17, 2001
Here and There in Melbourne
Visit site
I know a few of you on this bb are quite skilled when it comes to programming and general computer usage, so here we go:

When you type in certain fields, a selection will automatically come up if you have input it before. For example, if I was to go to Search for something beginning with 'S' and I had already searched for Slayer and Static X, then they would appear in a pop down list under the field, or if I was entering my name in a box and started by typing 'J' it would give me the option to pick James from a list below the field, already completed if you see what I mean.

My question is how do you get rid of the little lists that pop up under fields, or at least delete the contents? I assume there is some kind of file somewhere that keeps track of applications and the terms entered in fields for that application, but I'm stuffed if I know where!

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and how to do it?

Internet Explorer:
Tools->Internet options->General
Clear History, then Delete Files

You can turn it off by Tools->Internet options->Content->AutoComplete

Netscape:
Edit->Preferences->(Somewhere, depends on version)
There are buttons for Clear location bar and clear history and clear cache (last one usually under "advanced")

Now, what sites are you looking at that you need to clear the history, hmmmm?

Thanks Phloggy! It's not so much what I was looking at but on whose computer I'm looking at it.... I knew there was a way to erase the forms but as I haven't worked on a Windows platform for a few years I couldn't remember how to do it.

There was nothing too bad, but some people are easily offended!
By the way, that was bloody quick, I'm impressed at the speed of your service :)

I'm actually on the last few days of a holiday in Vancouver. Any idea when the next Melbourne meet n greet will be?

Originally posted by PIV Bassman
Alright I'm there! Who is playing that night? I haven't been to ETs in a long while so I'll definitely come along and say hello to all. Who is planning on going? I assume you may be playing LT?

Certainly shall be! :)

Along with our pals in Kymera, Eyefear and Sanity's Cage. Should be a lot of fun!

Got a choice of Maiden tunes, everyone? :D